NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markoc, Sep 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    So the new band I've been playing with has been playing with has not so subtly hinting they want me to play a p bass. found this at the pawn shop today for $60. 1989 Korean Squier. Neck feels great, has some loose, scratchie pots. Just needs a cleaning and minor setup and should be good to go. 20160922_134722.jpg 20160922_134732.jpg It's a tank coming in right at 10lbs.

Winfred, Mosstone, fretter and 19 others like this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

MIK is second only to MIJ
    spinning those pots fast several times might do the trick, otherwise DeOxit is your friend
    good score, great price

what some do is loop a shoestring around the knob and pull it back and forth quickly

SirMjac28, BlueMINI and markoc like this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    It'll get the job done, but I question the wisdom of allowing your bandmates to determine what kind of bass you should play. :) Why bass players are more subjected to this kind of crap than other members are, I don't understand - are we known to be pushovers?

4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Exactly...other than that, I'd definitely go with that white Jazz bass!

lowsideonacurve, Bodeanly and markoc like this.
  5. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    I get this all the time. If I go to a music store with our BL, he hands me basses, "Try this one. Try that one. What do you think of this one?" I just nod, then peruse the "bassist wanted ads" as soon as I get home.

6. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    Yea, it's a little silly that my jazz bass designed in 1960ish with flats and mutes is not "retro" enough. But they are giving me 6 to 8 gigs a month and it's never bad having a P bass in the stable.

Joedog, bdplaid, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  7. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    20160922_143029.jpg Just opened it up and was a little suprised by this.

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  8. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    I've yet to find a group of musicians that care what bass I play...

Winfred, wncBass, StayLow and 2 others like this.
  9. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Active EMGs?

10. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    look like it.

11. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    This just got interesting, active EMGS were installed at some point but there is no way a 9v battery ever fit in the cavity. can you run these passive?

12. TyCobb

TyCobb

Feb 17, 2014
    Folsom, CA