NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twinjet, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi,

Today I bought a Lyon (Washburn) P bass on a whim. I always forget how great they sound and look! This one was actually purchased as a test subject. I am planning another build, but did not want to apply new knowledge on a $450 piece of ash!

Anyway, this is going to be my other project bass that may or may not end up fretless. Can't decide yet. :)

It will eventually get new tuners, pots and pickups, but for now it's only being used to apply what I've read regarding refinishing.

Pics:
    20170902_171846.jpg

2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    I had one just like it in high school, and it was actually a pretty solid playing bass! Enjoy the tinkering

3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Congrats. That has to be the first bass I've ever seen that comes with a remote...and I ain't Lyon. ;)

twinjet and Templar like this.
  4. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    Congrats. Looks good. And oddly familiar. HEY, that headstock is a total ripoff of my completely original design Hondo! :rage: :roflmao:

hondohangin.jpg

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021