NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TrevorG, Jun 22, 2021.

1. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

a handsome piece, OP! i like that look --- don't know if i've ever seen it before --- it's kind of 'stately' to my eye. anyway, glad you like it enough to hang on to it --- congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

TrevorG likes this.
  2. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Thanks. This models been around for a couple of years and that colour has been VERY popular. I shouldn’t be so overexcited but the action is fabulous. Spent about ten minutes setting it up and suddenly there was nothing else to do but play.

JRA likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup:

TrevorG likes this.
  4. Benj-jammin

Benj-jammin Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2020
    North Carolina
    Merry Axe-mas!!

TrevorG likes this.
  5. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    I have one in Texas Tea also. Love it!!
    Mine only weighs 9.2 lbs.

TrevorG likes this.
  6. TrevorG

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Suspect mine’s about the same. Not weighed it yet but it’s a bit lighter than my Precision which comes in a 9.4!

7. bassinflorida

bassinflorida turn that dang thing down

Jan 27, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Was fortunate to get this in November 2019. No thought given to departing with it. Ever.

Attached Files:

• J.jpg
      J.jpg
      File size:
      389.7 KB
      Views:
    Rick_Bass, BradH and TrevorG like this.
  8. Dude! Awsome! I love the way these Ultra Jazzes in Texas Tea look! I played one of the cobra blue models and almost bought it but some of the electronics were messed up (from the factory? Probably, it was brand new at GC).

Ever since i saw pics of these Texas Tea models I have had some GAS for them. So beautiful.
    If they had 24 fret necks i would have one by now but im holding out for a jazz style bass with 24 frets.

Anyway, im so happy you like your new beauty! Play it in good health

9. TrevorG

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Thank you. I was holding out for a 24” too but a couple of years on a Precision has tamed me and I still have my Spector. Sorry the blue Ultra wasn’t right. It is all so luck of the draw. This one turned out to be the best one I’ve tried (I didn’t go expecting to buy it) plus a little 75th anniversary decal on the back of the headstock too! The finger board detail is stunning so no regrets.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Ordinarily I'd be suggesting the black pickguard, too, but I really like that PG with black and maple, which is always the best color choice :D

TrevorG likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021