NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bikeguy57, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Bikeguy57

Bikeguy57 Supporting Member

My latest project. Alder MJT body in Candy Red, Fender roasted maple neck, U A2922319-97CC-446C-A0D3-39B7035C19D8.jpeg ltralights, PV 74 pickups, Babicz bridge, push/pull pot for series/parallel switching, Sunbeams. Clocks in at 7.7lbs. Very happy with this one, it has that elusive "right at home" great feeling. Can't say enough about MJT. I usually do my own paint, but I could never do a nitro candy finish like this!

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'd like to see a photo on a white sheet so we can see that finish and neck shine!

3. Bikeguy57

A little better. 567B97DC-EF44-4FCD-A1EC-BEC03AE32C2C.jpeg DAA9E215-36FF-4E1D-B98E-0C5E82E0B9EE.jpeg

4. I just reached out to MJT about refinishing a bass in Candy Apple Red and/or picking up a P body in CAR!

That said, I LOVE seeing this! Your bass looks awesome!!!

murphy and Bikeguy57 like this.
  5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Kubicki Fan, dave64o and Bikeguy57 like this.
  6. Bikeguy57

Thanks, much appreciated.

jd56hawk likes this.
  7. Bikeguy57

Thanks, this is the second one they've done for me. Very happy with their work.

8. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Gorgeous bass! I’m really loving the look of the roasted maple necks I’ve been seeing
    on various basses, too.

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  9. TrentB

TrentB Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Orange County, Ca
    Looks great! MJT is in the process of finishing a P body for me in 3 tone sunburst. Also relicing the hardware. I’ve got a Nate Mendel neck waiting for it. It’s my first build. I’ve only read great things about MJT, hope it turns out as nice as yours. The wait time is killing me though.

Jackcrow, murphy and Bikeguy57 like this.
  10. mikecd1

mikecd1

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    Everything about your bass looks great and just love the roasted neck. So glad you've got the series-parallel, that's my favorite jazz upgrade. Congrats and enjoy this beauty!

Malak the Mad and Bikeguy57 like this.
  11. Haans

Haans Altruistic nihilist Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Oh my, that looks gorgeous. For myself, I would want a P without tort, but otherwise it pretty much checks all the boxes, right down to the Babicz bridge. They're terrific. Well done and congrats!

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You made some great choices. If it plays/sounds as good as it looks, it's a keeper.

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  13. That is one sweet bass! Great work!

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  14. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Beautiful! My first bass was a CAR Jazz 5 with a tort pickguard but, unfortunately, it weighed nearly twice what yours weighs (13.5 pounds! :eek: ) so I eventually sold it. Sounded and looked great, though.

Love that roasted neck, too!

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  15. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Great lookin bass! The roasted neck was a good call. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  16. Wow - that's a fantastic instrument and weight and look! Love all of your decisions! Well done :)

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  17. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Beautiful..I wish I had bought the Fender Roasted Jazz neck instead of the Precision...which turned out to be a bit too chunky ...more so than the Player series.
    Would love to see more pictures...and I love MJT custom bodies...superb...I can't wait to buy one!

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  18. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    That is just plain beautiful.

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  19. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That looks fantastic! Enjoy!

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  20. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    Love it

Bikeguy57 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021