NBD!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnjim, Apr 29, 2012.

1. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    NBD=New Bike Day. I pulled the trigger on a `78 Suzuki GS750. Paid a premium, but our lovely Quebec Govt raised the cost of a plate for the season from 80$ to 560$. But, pre 1980 can be registered as a classic and is only 150$ for the season. Pre-1980 bikes have gone up a lot in value. But this bike is super clean and has had annual maintenance and been garaged for 34 years. Its really really nice. I`m picking her up on Friday!
    Can`t wait...just had to share.
    This thread is a partial follow up to my dreaded Minivan thread. I got the bike so I don`t have to drive the stinking minivan nearly as much.

[​IMG]
    By jimmypantz at 2012-04-29
    [​IMG]
    By jimmypantz at 2012-04-29

2. *LIKE*: 78 Suzuki 750, the fairing; *not so much*: the crash bars and the seat. Happy NBD. :)

3. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I'm not really a fan of the seat myself, but its really really comfy and I think I might be able to persuade my wife to get on back.

4. I'm thinking of Man Law 177/177a now... :D

5. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I'm not familiar with that law...should I be?
    Never mind..I found it! I might be looking more at 177a.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021