1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeyZ, Jun 27, 2012.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    pbass.

Decent little Squier P-bass I picked up on CL for $50!!

I got it home, swapped out the normal pg for a wbw triple ply, and threw on some old knobs from a les paul copy I had.

Pretty good sounding bass, actually.

My first precision too!

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Nice score and nice job with the white-on-white look.

My only question- is that a crack on the surface of the bass? And if it IS, I hope its only in the finish and not through the body.

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Yeah, I was pretty weary about that when I saw it. I checked it out and it looks to be a crack just in the surface. It stops right past the white coating..

It's crazy how different this thing sounds when compared to my Jazz.

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Yeah, P-basses definitely sound different from Jazzes, thats for sure!

5. Welcome to the "P" world. Nice CL score!!! :bassist:

6. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    The price suggests so:
    My friend good bass for your bucks... Even if quite cheap, and, you see, somewhat fragile in overall finishings, still a for real resounding alder body Precision bass. First one?! A good start!

Enjoy NBD

Cheers,
    Wallace

7. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    Great buy. How can you go wrong for $50?

I like the white on white, but I'd really like to see Jazz knobs on it rather than the LP style.

iJazz - Don't say you're surprised by that.

8. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not super happy with the knobs, but it didn't have any when I got it, and those were all I had.
    I'm thinking I may just get the classic dome knobs you generally see on P-basses