1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 2cooltoolz, Mar 14, 2013.

1. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Okay...I was set to buy a Fender American Jazz V...and the dog had a heart attack!!! Seriously!

I love my dog, so adios New Bass. It seems like every time I get a little $ put back, the A/C goes out, or the car needs brakes, or something. So what the hell? Let's do it one piece at a time :ninja:

Part # 1 arrived today!! :bassist:

[​IMG]

I'll keep you posted.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Building Fender parts basses its probably the most fun I've had doing bass things. (besides rockin out).

3. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    I hope you didn't buy it from Stratosphere

4. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    Ditto, Kidding, I have 3 P5's because of these guys? Maybe 2 1/2

5. 2cooltoolz

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Yep. They're high, but just about the only place you can buy new Fender necks and bodies. Plus, I only buy during their 10% off sales...helps some. I damn sure wouldn't buy small parts from them.

6. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    I bought a 2010 neck from them that was an absolute disaster, Aside from the fact that they basically part out unsellable rejects, they don't know how to handle them. On the recent neck that I bought from them, not only did they not bother to loosen the truss, it was cranked down to the max. I tried to make it work, but what it needs is defretted and the fingerboard leveled as it became so distorted. Trying to make it work, screwed me on a return. They kindly offered me $50 to change my feedback to positive.
    In fairness, I would have no issues buying a body from them. But a neck? No thanks

7. 2cooltoolz

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    I just returned a Fender Jaguar body I didn't like the color on. Full refund in 4 days, including shipping. Never even emailed them, just followed their return instructions. Decided to stick with the American Jazz.

8. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    I had to remind them 2 weeks later that they owed me $50 for changing my feedback

9. 2cooltoolz

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Well, you took the fun out of this thread. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice life.

10. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Just the facts. I'd still buy a body from them.

11. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Good luck with your build!

12. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I started a thread coupla days ago about the aim to buy Aria Cliff Burton's "Super Bass" finally arrived at shop in the nearby.

I last night found out my wife had scheduled her and our boy new home (she applied for divorce one year ago) so within a few weeks they'll move and I'll start to monthly grant her 1/4 of my wage...

Bye bye Aria Pros

And on top/bottom of that: bye bye family:bawl:

Cheers,
    Wallace

13. 2cooltoolz

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Wallace,

That is terrible. You have my sincere sympathy. I wish you the best through your troubling times.

14. eee

eee

Jan 17, 2009
    This thread...!?

I can't wait to see the bass!

15. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Wallace, keep your chin up and find yourself a nice girl who is into the Arts.

16. In Canada, you can't apply for divorce until you have been legally living apart for at least 1 year. This way, not surprise hits & everyone gets a fair chance to dispute/barter.

17. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    On Stratosphere purchases, I bought a Tele neck from them a few years back before their prices were in the stratosphere. Wonderful CIJ 62 reissue neck. Have never had any trouble with it.

Have fun!

18. Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    But I wrote "applied for" with the meanin' of "askin' for a specific jurisdictional proceedin'"

It's the start up of a three year long legal phase, here in Italy.

So, she basically "asked for that"

Sorry for any misunderstandin' and (my fault) off topic and sidetrackin':help:

Cheers,
    Wallace

19. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I can feel your pain as I've been in the same situation once and now having to go through it again. I relocated to Miami and have decided to devote my time and love into my music. It is a great healing tool and you will get something back out of the love you pour into it, which isn't always the case with marriages....so get that bass going and enjoy music. It was probably your first love before your wife anyway. Good luck!

20. Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    My only son IS the love, basses are my (many) painkillers...

And, please, my fault, back to the Op: he was just enjoyin' stage #1 of an opus I think we will all await to watch once accomplished

Cheers,
    Wallace