1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starmann, Mar 16, 2013.

1. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    Hey all:

Just got this 2012 Jazz as a Bday present.

Put my special touches on it with my signature chrome thumbrest as well as chrome knobs.

I will say the custom shop pickups on the 2012 Jazz make a lot of tonal difference vs. pre 2012.

In addition, I was able to "scoop" a discontinue color for 2013, Charcoal Frost.

What do you think?

8563729170_4efd1bbfb3_k.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I like that and I have a chrome thumbrest also and I love that color.

3. Very classy looking, the thumbrest definitely adds to the vibe of the finish.

How would you describe the custom shop pickups compared to the pre 2012 ones?

4. Beautiful. Congratulations!

5. starmann

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    The tone control does much more. In other words, you have a whole range of "treble" that can be dialed in versus the pre 2012 with regular N3's or less.

6. Cyborg

Cyborg

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    Love that color! Enjoy the new bass!

7. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Cool bass. I love the fretboard. I'm not sure from the photo, but it looks like there could be some kind of figuring in that maple?

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice bass. Congrats!

9. pghjeeper

pghjeeper

Mar 11, 2011
    I have a 2012 p bass and its truly one of the best basses I have ever owned they really hit it out of the park with the 2012 American standard basses

10. starmann

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    Absolutely.

Although I own other basses too, my 2010 and above Fenders have OUTSTANDING QUALITY. And yes, 2012 P's also sound more powerful with the custom shop pickups.

Gibson could learn a thing or 3 about quality control.

And before anyone freaks out I own many Gibson's. But have also sent many back.

11. pghjeeper

pghjeeper

Mar 11, 2011
    I am a huge gibson fan and I want a les Paul bass in the worst way but with all the hit and miss quality I get nervous about ordering one.

12. starmann

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    I have a new 2013 and its quality is what should be expected.

It seems their quality is dropping on their lower priced basses.

The new Les Paul Bass is a beautiful instrument. And it has pickups that are way hotter than most active basses.