1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBsD Belated (Kay, Truetone, Fender Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by georgiagoodie, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie The winged monkeys showed up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    'Kept putting off shooting these basses until a few days ago.
    'Acquired them in the last couple of years.
    'Thought I would finally post...

New Kay Jazz Special Bass in natural. I have a bass playing friend who has an original. He let me play it, and WOW!, I had to have one. The D and G strings are AMAZING! Very easy to play, and thumps a lot like a DB. Of course it is drop dead gorgeous, as well. It took me quite a while to even find one. 'Not sure if they are still making them? The case is crazy cool too.

Early 60s Truetone Speed Demon Bass. I got this bass here on TB. Finally found the correct headstock logo. This bass is totally incredible. So much dynamics!!! The neck is pretty fat, but not wide. Way cool black/white binding. A couple of weeks after I got it, the pup went out. I got it rewound, and it now sounds even better!

New Fender Kingman Bass. This bass is HUGE! You should see the HSC case! I modded with new tuners, new under saddle pup, and added the sound hole filler. 'Plays GREAT!

Frankenstein P, Fender USA body w/Nordy pup (got here on TB), Mexi J-neck (got here on TB off a custom Tele Bass, which I put a Warmoth Tele maple neck on). I just HAD to have a sunburst P with tort guard and rosewood neck!!

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Very nice collection, congrats!

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Love them all. That Kay is stunning and dripping with coolness!!

4. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    I remember seeing that Truetone when I went to one of your Spiced Right BBQ gigs. What a great sounding and looking bass!

5. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    Thanks Basshappi, rayzak, & Tanner5382(Thanks for coming out to see our band too!).

Tanner5382 likes this.
  6. Nice basses - really love the look of that Kay!

georgiagoodie likes this.
  7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
  8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Yes, the Kay is very cool. You wouldn't think such an oddly-shaped pickguard would work on that body style but it looks great!
    Picasso would've loved it.

georgiagoodie likes this.
  9. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    A keen eye you have mongo2. 'Not sure why, it was that way when I bought it. I'm guessing that was the only tuner they had on hand, which was for the treble side mounting, so they just flipped it so the knob would be on the correct side. All of the knobs rotate in the same direction.