1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBTD - Tony Franklin Fretted P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hsech, Mar 24, 2016.

1. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    I just traded with a fellow TB'r for a 2011 Tony Franklin Fretted Precision. I've only taken it to one practice so far, so I don't have a full review yet. It's hard to tell, but the bass is actually an Amber color with a maple neck. One thing that will take a little getting use to is the fat neck. I may be wrong, but it seems to be a lot fatter than my American Standard P. The P pup, J pup and three way switch make for a lot of tonal variation. Everything from thump to quack. I'm a happy camper.

DSCN0187.JPG
    TFPB 2.jpg

59jazz and Ross McLochness like this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The neck is fatter? I think the nut width is the same but it has a modern c shape like the American special. Probably just more front to back chunk than you're used to. Great basses.

TMARK likes this.
  3. GK Growl

GK Growl Banned

Dec 31, 2011
    Awesome bass!! I like the idea of pickup switching with master volume and tone.

4. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Lovely... Just lovely.
    Enjoy.
    If these came with a more Jazz bass neck profile I would have one.

5. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Congrats. I've been eyeing up one of these for a while.

6. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    These are great basses.

7. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Yeah, front to back chunk is what I was talking about. It plays really well.