1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBUD Mock Singlecut Narwhalele.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kohanmike, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

Just finished up my new Rondo Hadean bass uke to look like a singlecut/whale hump, which I decided to call a Narwhalele, not only because of the body shape, but also because of the neck sticking out like a narwhal tusk.

I gave Eric's Guitar a sheet of burl veneer to put on a pickguard blank, then shape it to cover the entire top and upper horn space, came out very well. The rear shot shows the back of the pickguard in the horn space. Eric replaced the rear knob with a push/pull on off so I would not kill the battery of the active pre-amp when the output cable is plugged in (which I'm going to do on my other Rondo bass ukes). He also made a thumb rest from the same burl veneer. I added Fender Jaguar knobs and also made the headstock decal. I used Road Toad Pahoehoe black strings (man are they difficult to get on).

1 Rondo Narwhalele 1024.

ole Jason and Malak the Mad like this.
  2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    That is sweet! Came out nice.

3. kohanmike

Thanks very much, been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

As classy as it is cool! :cool: Well done! :thumbsup:

5. That's killer. I'd like to see it with wood knobs to really complete the look. How's the intonation?

6. kohanmike

Thanks guys. I used the black knobs to carry the black of the binding, strings and tuners. The G string is slightly flat, the D is really close, the A is flat and the E is really close.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017