1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBUD Rondo Hadean acoustic bass uke, walnut cutaway.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kohanmike, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

I just received this bass uke today, a Rondo Hadean acoustic cutaway solid walnut for $185.90 shipped from Amazon. It's well built and sounds very good. I love that it has an access panel on the back to make string changing easy. I'm going to eventually replace the strings with black pahoehoe and better chrome tuners with pearl knobs.

It's replacing my custom Bruce Wei solid acacia koa fretless that I've been using for hospital gigs roaming room to room, which does not have an access panel, the neck is too wide, and I got tired of fretless.

Rondo Hadean Walnut 800.

2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    how is the intonation on these fretted models? leaning towards frets, but if the intonation suffers past the 7th fret, I will have to get fretless....

3. kohanmike

I just tested and it goes sharp at the 8th fret on all the strings but the D, which is good all the way to the 12th fret.

4. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    How is it going .. a year later?

5. kohanmike

I just replied to your PM. It's going very well, though I only use it for my hospital gigs, which has been about seven times. I'm very comfortable with it and when the strings get too sticky and sausage, I'll change them to black Pahoehoe. It's a great deal right now at $160.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    reddog likes this.
  6. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Thx for the feedback!
    If i can only afford 1 u bass...
    Would you choose this or the Kala?...

Also, do you prefer a certain gig bag or case for it?

Thanks!

7. kohanmike

reddog likes this.