Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NC/Southern VA TB/Roscoe Factory Tour/Baseball & Beer GTG Date Selection Committee

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, May 30, 2005.

Say when!

Poll closed Jul 29, 2005.
  1. June 18th

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. July 9th

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. July 23rd

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. August 6th

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    (Mods, a sticky would be appreciated, until a date has been selected! :D)

OK, ladies and gentlemen in the general vicinity of Greensboro, NC, I'm opening the floor for date selection for the Official 46th Annual TB/Roscoe Guitars Factory Tour/Baseball & Beer GTG, please vote your conscience, or at least the date which best works for you.

I will be happy to provide assistance finding lodging (not much room in my apartment, unfortunately) for "stay overs", make sure that directions are easy to follow, etc etc.

I'm figuring on a Saturday for being a good day, will give us a chance to hang during the afternoon, paw each other's basses & amps, wander around the Roscoe shop and see the sites, then go to the Greensboro Grasshoppers ballgame (which is literally a block from the shop, the "good" seats are about $8, and if we get a list, I can get a "block" of tickets for those that are coming), and watch the game, imbibe beers for those of legal age (the local microbrewery sells beer there, GOOD STUFF) and eat hotdogs.

After the game, those of a mind to continue to hang will be invited to romp in downtown Greensboro, the "cool" part of which is just a few blocks from the shop & ballpark.

So, with out further ado, the dates are in the poll posted above, please make your selections, and also post here to let us get a head count!

Once the date is selected, we'll start another thread or alter this one for a final head count and to set the final plans....

2. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Ok, so, if I get there early (with my lady) and cook up some nice Cajun viddles for the shindig, do I get dibs on floorspace for sleeping? I'm thinking a nice pot of gumbo or maybe some crawfish etouffée (if it's possible to find such eatin' up there).

Uh...yeah, I had to post something.

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Seems only fair, I'm gonna try to make the Northern VA GTG!!! :)

...c'mon down!

5. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    July 9th works best for me. The June date is too early and the July 23 date I will be away in Nashville.

I grew up just north of Greensboro (in Reidsville) so I am very familiar with G-boro area. My bro-in-law used to be part owner at one time of the Greensboro Bats (now called the grasshoppers) though he is not anymore.

A tour of Roscoe (with a sampling of basses) could be cool as well. :hyper:

-KB

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm down.

July 9 + is good.

7. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Probably not an unreasonable difference in distance between this GTG and the VA/DC/MD one for me, so if you don't object to another "Northerner" I'd like to keep this open as a possibility. It'll all depend on my work schedule, though.

So as not to waste computrons, here's a link to the post I made to the other GTG thread. Same offers, etc. apply.

Dude, you're hosting a bass GTG in an apartment? You must have unbelievably understanding neighbors. :D

Cheers,
    'rick

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    'rick, you're welcome, we don't discriminate against Yankees here...

;)

...no, I'm not hosting it in my apartment! :eek: I'd be homeless!!!! :eek: :eek:

Most likely, I'll work out something at Roscoe Guitars, a bit of rearranging in the shop and there's room. A second possibility, if we get a LOT of interested parties (not looking like it so far though... :meh: ) would be to find a place to rent out for an afternoon nearby.

Keep 'em comin'!

9. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Doing it at Roscoe could be cool as we could also try out some Roscoe basses (which could lead to some sales).

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I can't guarantee that experience, most of the basses that are in playing condition here are already sold, and we can't let them have any "shop wear" before they are shipped. I'm working on getting my personal bass in production soon, it MAY make it to playing status prior to the later dates, but I doubt it. Sorry y'all....just can't promise any "test drives" on basses that are spoken for.

:(

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ....just 6 votes????? :(

Well, it'll be little, I guess, but it'll be fun! :)

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "What should I wear?"
    "Doesn't matter, it's just going to be you and me."

13. Um, did you know that August 4th is a Thursday? Should we clock in when we show up at 9 am or just wait for the first break?

I've got tons of vacation time to use up and Deb and I won't have the boy to ruin things (try dragging a sullen 17 year old where he doesn't want to go and you'll see) so maybe, just maybe, one of the last 3 dates might be possible for us. I really do want to get up there to see you and the operation.

I'm in surgery today for my ankle, so there is also the convalescence on that to consider - nobody knows how long that will take until I'm walking freely again.

Deb just saw me writing this and said that the August date fits pretty good.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Crap!

:help:

How did I type August 4th, instead of August 6th????

:scowl:

I DEFINITELY meant August 6th, not the 4th...sorry...hopefully I can get a helpful mod to let me mod-if-eye that mistake!

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    You rule.

Free Roscoe 7* for you.

(*with purchase of 10 ;) )

17. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    when will be the final deternmination of dates? I am now also available on the July 23 date as I am not going to Nashville (my wife is though so I'll be home alone).

-KB

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    KB -

I'm not sure when the cutoff date will be....let's make it 6/24, and say that I'm leaning strongly toward the August 6th date myself, at this time. Good thing, because it appears to be winning the poll right now.

Everyone interested, SPEAK UP!!! :)

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Ladies and gentlemen - executive decision made:

August 6th

June 18th is out for obvious reasons ;) ; July 9th is too soon; July 23rd is during the NAMM show (which I need to attend, it's awful, isn't it? :p ).

So, there it is....date decided, everyone interested RSVP, please! :)

20. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I should be able to make it. Need some good directions and such.

-KB