NCAA Football 2011 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'm a bit late starting this thread. I had surgery this week to repair a deviated septum so that I can hopefully actually use my nose to breath for change.

Anyway, it's no coincidence that I planned that on a Bye week! :) Ready for LSU, hard to think about much else, but I will say I was glad to see Texas Tech and Michigan State bring it last weekend. I was kind of hoping for Oklahoma to stay undefeated just because I'd love the chance to beat them if we can win out also, but oh well. I don't dislike OU at all, but rather have someo obnoxious OU fans for friends. Not all of them, but just a couple.

I'll be honest, I don't even know who's playing this weekend, but then again, I don't really even know what day it is right now. ;-) Gotta love Lortab.

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    sad+puppy+face.jpg

We're not all bad....

Big XII this week -

First, glad to have TCU on board and am very curious to see how this all pans out. Mizzou can leave for all I care, they're just being whiny.

Oklahoma at K State - I hope OU slaughters them in a rage-filled Manhattan bloodbath to the point where K State is afraid to even look at a football again. I am still fuming over how bad Landry, our receivers, defense, and special teams were last week and I hope to all that is holy that Landry can shake off his inconsistency and win the remainder of OU's games. I was never a Landry Jones fan because of his inconsistency and choke tendency so he'd better use the rest of this season to prove me, 2/3 of Oklahoma, the Heisman committee, and NFL wrong.

Mizzou at Texas A&M - I think the Aggies got their stride back and will do a number against Mizzou at Kyle Field. That being said, Mizzou loves to deliver upsets so I wouldn't be surprised if the pendulum swung in their favor.

Baylor at OK State - OK State is going to do a number against Baylor. I'm sure Stanford and Clemson are looking for another shocking upset in Oklahoma, though.

Kansas at Texas - Texas may be a young team (that will be a monster in the next 2 years) but they'll still put a number on the worst defense in the country. Kansas will still put numbers on the board but the Longhorns will come out with the W.

Iowa State at Texas Tech - Tech is riding very high over their win against Oklahoma. Iowa State may be in the bottom 2 in the Big XII but just like Kansas and Texas Tech did against OU, Iowa State may be able to catch Tech with their pants down and pull an upset win. Unlikely, but still possible.

Brigham Young at TCU - Potential Big XII vs. 2012 Big XII. This one will be interesting for the sake of seeing how the new kids play together.

ELSEWHERE....

Clemson at Georgia Tech - This'll be a good one. GA Tech has been pretty good this year and it'll definitely pose a challenge against Clemson. The Tigers will probably still win it, but I wouldn't be surprised of Tech gave them a run for their money.

Stanford at USC - Luck is on fire and I have a very strong dislike of USC. It's going to be incredibly fun watching Stanford stack numbers on the Trojans.

Michigan State at Nebraska - My game of the week. State has been on a rampage and Nebraska is still flexing their muscle to show the Big 10 what they're made of. It's going to be insane.

3. Texas-Kansas would have worried me a lot more last year.

FSU plays NCSU and if we lose I will be the youngest man to ever have grey hair.

Shoutout to my hometown undefeated Houston Cougars.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Not at all, SoonerMatt. I just have these two OU friends that are obnoxious about things. One lives in Alabama so he's been talking smack all year. It is just fun to watch him back pedal now. Other than that, I really hate they lost because it would have been nice to see them in the MNC against Bama or LSU.

5. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Florida/Georgia this Saturday! I've been so busy, I have no idea on Brantley's status. I have to check on that before I make any predictions.

6. UG-UF could actually be good this time. Aaron Murray is pretty talented and Crowell is the type of real SEC back UF lacks. UF's team speed (on both sides) could pose a problem though for UG's style of offense.

7. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Murray's overrated, IMO. He's the biggest reason the Gators managed to win last year despite the disarray at QB.

Brantley is good to go--when he's healthy, the Gators are better this year than last year. Assuming he isn't gimpy, I think UF wins by a touchdown.

8. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  9. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021