1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCAA Football 2013 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The season is flying by, what a bummer.

I'll be at Husky Stadium this weekend to check out the College Game Day crew from ESPN. I'm trying to think of a funny sign to hold up that includes a shout out to the TBOT college football crew.

-Mike

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ha! Well, I'm sure Dungy would turn them down. But I would think Del Rio would jump at the chance, considering it's his alma mater--and the Broncos' D he's coaching looks awful right now.;)

4. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Regarding the question of which undefeated team is gonna lose first--I hope it's Oregon vs. UW like you, Mike!

If not, I'm going to boldly predict that either Clemson or FSU will lose the following weekend (when they play each other).:D

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My roommate's going to the Red River Shootout this year but I'm going to have to stay home. No offense to my long-horned compatriots but I don't think the golden hat will be returning to Austin this year.

Speaking of gold, NOT a fan of the gold trim Nike put on the OU and UT uniforms. Very corny, IMO.

Aside from that, LSU-Florida is definitely the game to watch this week. Oregon-Washington should be good, too.

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Are you going to the actual game too Mike? Could be a good one, should be interesting to see if the Oregon starters actually get to/need to play anything like a whole game, as I expect they will. Mariota's only played 4 complete games in his career so far. Washington's getting the Ducks at a pretty good time, lots of injuries and then the rage quit today.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    We haven't decided if we'll stick around for the game or head home right after CGD ends. I'm not a big fan of either team, so paying scalper prices is not all that appealing to me. But hey, others are going with me and they may want to go.

-Mike

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    I'd expect tickets to be way out of my comfort zone price wise. I actually am a fan of both teams (Cougs and Beavs too, I watch what's on local TV), just hope to see a good game.

Hope you have a good time.

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Oklahoma State has a bye (again) this week. Too many byes this season. But they need it to figure out what's going wrong with the offense. Right now, I'd point to two things: O-line blocking is ineffective, and play-calling is horrible. Yurcich needs to figure out the opponent's defense better.

I'll be watching the Red River Rivalry on Saturday, because I love watching Texas lose. :D

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Crazy game in LA last night. USC hung on for the win, but it shouldn't have been that close.

-Mike

11. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    UF/LSU should be a good one. Vegas has LSU by about a touchdown, which seems right.

UF's D looks very good, but they've looked shaky against the run with Easley out. I know Mettenburger is better than last year, but I'm more worried about LSU's tailbacks gashing the Gators.

Tyler Murphy's been a cool customer thus far, but this will be the most hostile environment he's faced by far. Fortunately, LSU's D doesn't look nearly as good this year as in the past.

I think Vegas has it right, but Murphy could swing us either to a close win or a double-digit loss.

We will certainly be peeking at Oregon/UW when we can.

12. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would like to thank the University of Texas for driving me to the gym to rage lift. Had it not been for you making our lines look so porous and our QB so inaccurate I would not have been able to cross 3 plates on my squat. Again, thank you for helping "muh gainz."

13. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    ^^ Lol!

Bleh. I didn't expect that game to be so low-scoring and for UF's offensive line to pass-block so poorly. Still, the deficit was about what I expected.

I finally looked up Jeremy Hill's crimes during the game, what a scumbag. It's ridiculous that he's allowed to play.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Money Badger put on a show tonight. Wow.

Anyone impressed with Missouri, Utah, UCLA? On paper, it looks like Oregon handled Washington, but the game was closer than that.

-Mike

15. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    Yep, UW played a very respectable game, I really enjoyed watching that. 160 yards to 20 in the 4th quarter though....ouch!

Saw bits of the Utah game, great red zone stand at the end to win. WSU-OSU was fun until the 4th quarter too.

16. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Impressed with all three, yes. The Gators are fortunate that Franklin will be out when they travel to Columbia next Saturday.

UW hung with them for a long time, but Oregon blew them out in the 4th.

17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

That was my only bright spot this weekend - dawgz lost to Oregon.

My employer CSU lost their game against San Jose State and should not have...but could not hold it together.

My Cougs absolutely came apart in the 4th quarter - after a really solid first half, the QB threw away the game - 3 picks out of 4 passes in quick sequence. We led the game 24-17 late in the 3rd quarter, then gave up three quick TDs and eventually lost 52-24. On a kick, we even had a bad snap on a kick bounce off a blocker and result in a turnover.

The coach (Mike Leach, with his normal acerbic wit) said: "I don't know if they all had dentist's appointments or what, but these games are 60 minutes."

Next week, the Cougs play Oregon. Happy happy, joy joy. :scowl: