1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCAA Football 2017 Conference Championship Week

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gaolee, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

The ink isn't even dry on week 13's upsets, but we may as well get started.

I would like to see the mess get messier. My Dawgs are out until whatever bowl they are in, which means no dog in the fight. Which also means I'll be rooting for more spoilage in this endless spoiler of a season. This is how college football should be.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Word. Or as a Seattle cop once said to a bandmate and me during a raid on a house party: "Who's the leader of this anarchy band?"

Gaolee likes this.
  3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Okay...if you've been paying attention, you know who I'm rooting for in the Pac-12 title game;), so I won't even go there! Well, I will say this - I'm more than a little worried that the game is on Friday, and we know weird things happen on Friday in college football, especially in the Pac-12!:wideyed::eek::nailbiting::wacky:

So then...who ya got in the Big-10, SEC, Big-12, and ACC title games? I think Wisconsin beats Ohio State, Auburn beats Georgia, and I have a feeling that Oklahoma is going to pound TCU. Miami-Clemson? It's a toss-up for me.

4. Latest prediction is for the dawgz to the Alamo Bowl in San Antone (great destination, BTW...) and Cougs to Foster Farms Bowl in 49'ers stadium in Santa Clara.

I'm still reeling from last night's major face plant, but as always, GO, COUGS!

Gaolee likes this.
  5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Gotta go with my Badgerzz

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    $10,400,000 buyout for Kevin Sumlin, payable over the next 60 days. What a way to go.
    But dang, he won twice as many games as he lost and still got run out of town.

-Mike

GregC likes this.
  7. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    NCAA football needs at least 8 teams in the playoffs.

That is all.

Pilgrim and mrpackerguy like this.
  8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Dan Mullen will be the new UF coach. Am I as excited as if it had been Kelly or Frost? No, but they were certainly more risky. The only comparable candidate was Charlie Strong, and Mullen brings the offensive expertise the Gators need.

I greatly prefer Mullen to the other rumored candidates--Taggart, Norvell, Leach, Halgorsen. (There were rumblings about Kiffin, but I always treated them as a joke.)

MJ5150 likes this.
  9. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Greg Schiano, Tennessee? Really? LOL.

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Or not. The public outcry worked.
    Although I did find it laughable to hear a politician crying about a potential waste of taxpayer money and reproach.

-Mike

GregC likes this.
  11. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    So embarrassing for the Vols, a total egg-on-face situation. It was a bad hire to begin with, so they got out of it. But it's going to be tough to find someone decent after this, IMO.

MJ5150 likes this.
  12. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Surprising for sure. I hear Tenn. is in need of a new coach. . .

13. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    Why so? I don't know the deets, but why do you and most people in Knoxville (apparently) think it's a bad hire?

14. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Weirdness continues. Wisconsin isn't rated 1? They are undefeated, but ranked behind Clemson? Hmmm... The official playoff poll isn't out yet, so it's all theoretical anyway. If they lose to Ohio State this week, then what? Does 'Bama get in? What a great season for snarled up college football!

15. Funky Ghost

Without a "signature" win they are seen/perceived as a paper tiger. Allegedly.

MJ5150 likes this.
  16. I'm waiting to hear what my classmate Bill Moos will do for a coach at Nebraska.

Bill runs an athletic department his way - and he's so darn good that he makes that work!

And BTW, Bill is a WSU Coug!!!!!!!

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Strength of schedule is a big deal to the committee I believe.

-Mike

Funky Ghost likes this.
  18. Funky Ghost

They really need to beat the Buckeyes to at least quiet the nay-sayers. As long as Barrett is ok to go that seems a daunting task. And even if Barrett isn't Haskins looked to be a good substitute and has big game ( rivalry game ) experience under his belt now. It's going to be an interesting game.

Gaolee and MJ5150 like this.
  19. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    For sure. I despise OSU, so I bought me a ticket on the Badgers bandwagon for this game.

-Mike

Gaolee, GregC and Funky Ghost like this.
  20. Funky Ghost

That makes two of us :)

61bZe2vnrgL_730e10c2-9169-4fb3-a0b4-b3eff9ddd52e.