1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCAA Football Offseason 2012

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 20, 2012.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The season never ends, even in college.

I must start the thread with VERY disappointing news as a Gator fan. With the news that Gator DE Leon Orr was arrested 10 days ago on marijuana charges, that brings the number to EIGHT Gators arrested since Muschamp was hired. Six of those for marijuana related charges.

I remember being so excited to bring in Muschamp since he was going to clean up the program and mentality Urban Meyer fostered. So much for that. Sad and disappointing.

Go Dartmouth Big Green!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

2. Norm Chow is the new head coach for the University of Hawaii Warriors. He is installing a totally new coaching staff. It will be interesting to see the changes made to the teams offense and defense next season.

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I should probably start drinking heavily to get an internal reserve going for next season. Oklahoma's defense is going to be even worse and both lines are going to be very inexperienced.

At least we've got Mike Stoops back, that should help make our D somewhat salvageable. Maybe he can whip this incoming class into shape right and quickly.

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    It kinda sucks (I'd feel worse if they committed serious crimes), but remember he did boot at least one of those guys (aka the team's best player, Janoris Jenkins) off the team.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I know what you mean Greg. It's not terrible crimes, but eight of them is what has me disappointed. Sure Jenkins was booted, but he was a repeat offender so he had to go. Nothing has really changed. Muschamp needs to boot one of these guys to make a point.

-Mike

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  7. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Uh huh, no trouble. :)

-Mike

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I don't think there's bigger news than Mike Leach going to the Washington State Cougars. The entire PAC-12 and everyone who regretted his leaving Texas is curious about how his offense will open things up. Leach is a character from a small town in Wyoming, and WSU loves characters. If he has success there, he could be in for a long run in Pullman. And don't forget - it CAN be done. From 2000-2003 WSU had three 10-win seasons in a row, and we've been to the Rose Bowl twice since 1998.

Leach is widely regarded as the best coaching hire in the US during this off-season. Grading the hires: Leach, Malzahn among the top choices - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Many Texas Tech fans have followed Leach to WSU and started contributing to the WSU athletic fund. He seems to have a real following, and we appreciate their support.

10. FSU killed it recruiting wise. Miami and UF also pulled down great classes. The state of Florida will return after a very dissapointing 2011.

Look for FSU to have a top 10 season this year. Return all impact starters (-Bradham) and we might get a chance to really see Jimbo's first recruits.

UF finishes top 25.

Miami with 9 wins and a good bowl win.

Tejas did what Tejas does. Recruit on a level that no one nationally can match (except Alabama for the time being), don't expect too much from them next year, they will follow UF in this "major team rebuilding" stage.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Muschamp hits double digits, but this is nothing to brag about. Another Gator was arrested, for domestic battery. A.C. Leonard is the latest Gator headline maker.

At least Muschamp had the common sense to boot this fool off the team. Hopefully permanently.

-Mike

12. Well, if Tennessee can stay healthy, I'm thinking maybe 8 wins?

13. More than 8 for Tenn.

14. I hope SHOELACE in Michigan works on his drop back passing technique.
    He is fast as all get out but too many times he made the decision to run when he prolly shouldn't have.
    But hey, they still made it to a BCS bowl.
    GO BLUE!!!!!

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Closure on the A.C. Leonard case I posted about in post #12: A.C. Leonard of Florida Gators pleads no contest to battery - ESPN

I kind of laughed when I read the comment about how he learned his lesson and we wouldn't be having any further incidents from Leonard moving forward. Yeah, there's plenty of other Gator football players to make headlines in the Gainesville crime report.

-Mike

16. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Don't you know that marijuana is a performance-enhancing drug? :p

17. I wonder if he likes tacos.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Haha, you heard about Walker ripping off the taco too eh?

-Mike

19. Yeah, at least we know UF isn't paying their players.