1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCAA Week 6 - or how I learned to stop fearing and love the SEC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Sep 27, 2008.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I know week 5 isn't done yet but Missouri is coming to town next week and I'm very excited (although I get the feeling that Nebraska is gonna get crushed).

What other games are the highlight of the week?

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Nebraska will come back at some point. The fans are too demanding for them not to. Just pray you don't have to wait 15 years like us Bama fans have.

3. I get that feeling too.

I'm excited as well. It should be a pretty good game.

4. Stole my fuggin' thread series. :p

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    OU is at Baylor this weekend, but NEXT WEEKEND IS FREAKING OU-TX!

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My Gators head to Fayetteville to play lowly Arkansas. I am flying out on Thursday to go to the game. We'll win this one, and I can rub it in my brother-in-laws face. He is from nearby Bella Vista, and has grown up a Razorback fan. He wants me to sit with him in his season tickets during the game, but I'll find my way over to the Gator fans section.

-Mike

7. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    OU being ranked 1 is BS. What a weak schedule thus far... They really don't deserve it. That would be like ranking Hawaii number one last year...

8. Texas will fix that in two weeks.

:)

9. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that ;) Besides, you've had an easier schedule than we have so far.

You going to Dallas?

10. Why on earth would I want to go there? :p

;)

Yeah, easier...mmhmm...how many ranked teams has OU played? One, TCU, who was 24.

LSU beat a team ranked in the top 10, and then beat a much tougher than they look Mississippi State. OU will be out of #1 soon...

...and note that I did not say LSU would be #1, just that OU won't be. I'm waiting to see if LSU really is "that good" still. We'll know soon, we get to play Florida and Alabama soon enough, we come out on top of those games, then I'll start talking about who should be #1. OU won't play ANYONE that good, until a bowl game...

11. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I'd hate to be a Florida football player this week. I'm sure Meyer is making their practices hell...

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Or a fan. A Steeler win tonight will only ease some of my pain and anguish.

-Mike

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'd hate to be a Bama player this week. Saban is going to be pounding the field with them.

14. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    got that right... right now they're probably wishing they "finished the game"

15. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    O man Tennis, we are not ready for MISSOU:help:

16. No, you're not.

Not yet. Pellini will have you ready for them in a couple season though, that I am sure of.