1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCBD!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turtle71, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
    It's "New Cheap Bass Day"!!!

OK, so I heard through the grapevine that my Local Best Buy, was getting out of the musical instrument business, and that EVERYTHING is on clearance.

Soooo, even though I wouldn’t normally shop for basses at Best Buy, I just had to go take a look. :bag:

They weren’t kidding…just goofy pricing. :eek:

Though I don’t really need another bass….wait a minute, of course I need a new bass! :bassist:

I grabbed this Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special HB, in Candy Apple Red! :bassist:

I got it for literally a stupid low price…..$89.99 NEW
    jag1_zps49a20c73.
    jag2_zpse9ac0748.
    jag3_zps88d77c48.

Now, it REALLY needed a setup (neck was a ski jump), and needed some new strings, but after a twist of the truss rod, a new set of strings, setting intonation & string height, this thing plays wonderfully, and the active electronics sound pretty dang good.

Now, being a Squier, I really wasn’t expecting much (No offense to the Loyal Squier Nation), but after playing this for the last couple hours, I have to say I’m REALLY impressed, especially considering the price point.

This bass will likely not replace my MIA Precision for gigging, but I think it’ll be tons of fun for jamming around the house!

2. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!!

Dec 7, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on the exact model from MF a few months ago. It was going for about $125 as a return/restock. For 89 bucks, you were practically paid to take it off their hands! :D I'll bet, dollars-to-donuts, that the neck bow and lousy in-store setup were deciding factors in the markdown, and the BB staff doesn't know a truss rod from a fishing rod. I truly hope you walked out of there, bass in hand, laughing maniacally!! I have yet to find any deals here at my local BB stores.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Shoot...why don't the BB's around me carry instruments? I'd totally get one of them for $90.

4. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    $90? Are you kidding me? I am going to Best Buy tomorrow at lunch...

5. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Hopefully you find some deals!! I don't know if all BB stores are dumping stock, or if it's just mine though...

6. I_LIEK_BASE

I_LIEK_BASE

Feb 6, 2013
    Milwaukee
    89 DOLLARS!?!?!? How could you not! I would have bought a couple of them.