1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD: Ampeg Heritage 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StuartV, Oct 20, 2013.

1. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    My birthday is tomorrow, but it feels like it was just yesterday. Becaaauusse.... I picked this baby up yesterday, still brand new in the box, for an absolute steal of a price.

All I've had time to do so far is unbox it, hook it up to my vintage SVT and play through it for about 30 seconds. So all I can tell so far is that it is thunderous. I can't wait to get in some quality time with it!

:bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

20131020_191319_RichtoneHDR.

2. Awesome! !! Congrats:D:thumbup::thumbup:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Best 810 ever! It even beats the flatback as far as I'm concerned. Matches the tone and has a buttload more power handling. Nice score!

4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Well, happy new cab day and happy birthday. :cool:

5. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    so where can you get those things for an absolute steal of a price???

6. capcom

capcom

Mar 23, 2005
    Congratulations...

Whenever I see an 8x10 cab it reminds me the monolith in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyysey film :)

Yours is an Ampeg Heritage also so it's double win.

7. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Probably from a thief.

8. Congrats dude :) I bet it sounds like heaven. What did you use before and how does it compare to that ?

9. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls.

Jul 2, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Nice!!

I've haven't read a single bad thing about those.

They had one in stock at Steve's Music in Toronto when I was there this summer but I didn't get a chance to play through it. They look great too.

10. Congrats on the awesome new cab. The photo looks like its in the waiting room at my doctor's office.:D

11. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Funny that you should say that. There's a doc in town that is also a musician and collector. He has a display of vintage instruments and amps at his office.

12. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Customer Support- Ampeg/ Line 6
    Nope, I looked into it before StuartV went ahead with the deal.

13. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Congrats, OP - those are great cabs with killer looks as a bonus...

- georgestrings

14. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    FIFY...

- georgestrings

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My words are written in stone as far as people on Talkbass are concerned, and need no fixing.

16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Now that's a bass rig congrats.

17. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Thanks, hodgy! Yep, that's right, I got the serial number before I went to see it in person and hodgy checked it out for me. The guy's story matched up and I even talked to the guy's dad and he said the same thing.

Basically, the guy ordered an 810 Classic from GC. He lives in a small town with no GC nearby, so he ordered it and they shipped it to him. Except they sent him an 810 Heritage. He called them and reported the mistake. They said "oops! We'll send you the right one." He received a second Heritage 810. He called them again. Long story short, they ended up letting him keep them both. So, he kept one and sold the other for cheap. I guess, every now and then, it pays to live in the sticks!

18. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Well, I'm no doctor, but it is setup in my office, right now. I moved to VA for work at the beginning of August. I'm still in a temporary apartment at the moment. But, my big boy rig should have a proper home before Christmas!

19. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I have a variety of cabs. But, this 810 is replacing an Aguilar GS410 (which I need to get sold now). But, I also have a Bergantino NV610, which is setup with my Traynor YBA-3. I plan to get them together at some point, to compare. I'll do some recordings when I do, and post them. I've seen a number of threads asking for opinions on how these 2 particular cabs compare.

20. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I'm sure the Ampeg fanboys feel that way - those with an open mind, not so much... Have you read the threads on all those PF500s and SVT 7Pros that crapped out on people???

- georgestrings