NCD! Avatar SB126.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bordinco90, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lefthandbass17

lefthandbass17

Dec 6, 2003
    Thanks for your help.

2. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    If I remember correctly, they gave me around $200 for mine.

jeff7bass likes this.
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    It's a buyers market. GC doesn't really bargain now, they type the gear into software and it's spits out a number. I said, "it comes with a mint hard-shell case (for the bass)" and they said, "doesn't matter". I walked out.

spatters likes this.
  4. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Yeah in my experience in dealing with Guitar Center, they don't give you anything for the case. I also sold my Markbass Little Mark 250 (they gave me around $250 for that which is what I paid for it on sale!) and a Behringer amp head. I traded up to get new Little Mark III which was on sale.

spatters and jeff7bass like this.
  5. lefthandbass17

lefthandbass17

Dec 6, 2003
    oQ3yxYc.jpg

spatters, NigelD, bordinco90 and 2 others like this.
  6. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    lefthandbass17 likes this.
  7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    COTS?

8. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    Commercial off-the-shelf.

jeff7bass likes this.
  9. sunnpeg

sunnpeg Supporting Member

May 26, 2002
    Florida East Coast
    Why start a new thread when I can resurrect an old one?

Recently bought a B212 for cheap and all of a sudden I really dig 12" speakers!! It came with Delta 12lf's and sounded great, but was a bit heavy, so I installed the new Deltalites, and this cabinet is a keeper.

Considering the SB-126 as a stand alone for smaller gigs. Any thoughts??

spatters likes this.
  10. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    It will work fine.

sunnpeg likes this.
  11. I enjoy everything about mine, but it is indeed "old school" and heavy.
    The optional cab cover is kinda funny... it is oriented for horizontal placement, not vertical.

sunnpeg likes this.
  12. teej

teej Amateur w/ 20 Years Experience Gold Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I have an SB126 except mine has the Kappalite driver. Sound-wise, I have zero complaints. Love it! Just wish it was lighter with higher power handling. That's why I'm in the process of slowly building a fEARful 126. I've read several reviews and comments where people say the Avatar SB126 is the "poor man's fEARful."

daveman50 and jeff7bass like this.
  13. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Honestly for $474.00 plus shipping for the NEO version, it's the best value around IMO. They get plenty loud too. May have to dial out some lows if it gets real loud but I do that anyway for tone purposes. I'll bump the low mids a bit in that case.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 2:14 PM
    eriky4003 likes this.
  14. teej

teej Amateur w/ 20 Years Experience Gold Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I got mine used from Reverb for what I felt was a steal. I think I paid $260 shipped. Truthfully, I've thought about scrapping my fEARful build because this Avatar is more than plenty for my needs right now and the foreseeable future.

daveman50, eriky4003 and jeff7bass like this.
  15. sunnpeg

sunnpeg Supporting Member

May 26, 2002
    Florida East Coast
    Crap, it was $399 for the Delta LF just a few days ago. I like the higher power rating of the Delta so I've been leaning in that direction.

jeff7bass likes this.
  16. The Delta 12LF is a standard retail product, so a blown one can be easily sourced from anybody that sells Eminence drivers. I went 12LF for that reason, plus I have several 12LF in stock already, for bass horn projects.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021