1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCD! Avatar, son!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fine Cut, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Well I finally got around to ordering myself a lighter, smaller replacement for the Peavey TVX 410 I've been using, and I woke up this morning to find it on my front porch! :bassist:

Just your generic B210 w/ deltas and carpeting...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took all of 4 quick days to get to me, and quite the surprise to wake up to!

[​IMG]

Greatest packing job ever :cool:

Some shots of the Hartke it'll be wearing...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and one beside the Peavey it's replacing. It's gotta be literally half the weight :hyper: I can't wait to get this thing to practice. I have a gig in Raleigh tomorrow night, but I can't decide if I wanna bring this thing or let the house handle it this time, but either way, practice next week is gonna be great!

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats was it in a basket with a note attached?

3. No pics, no cab

4. *edited to include pictures*

Yea, I tried to start the post on my iPad and went "No, this deserves PC precision"

5. Is that he new Hartke road-worn/relic'd line?

j/k

Congrats. Looks like a good time.

6. Haha it does look like someone's drug it behind a truck, huh? It runs great though, so that's where it counts...

7. Looks good... I'm currently waiting on a pair of avatars myself (no cabs ready with my choice of options), so until I get my shipping notice I've decided to torture myself by looking at others joyous NCDs.

Congrats...

8. I feel ya tiger, I had to wait 2 weeks for mine to be built and shipped. It's just a barebones basic so I guess there's been a run on them lately. This thing is quality though, no doubt about it. Next to the TVX, it sounds much tighter and more articulate with my jazz V, handles the B string just fine and can get up there in volume as well. Same story with my MIJ E-series P with flats, it just sings. It's seeing 180w @ 8ohms from my HA2500, and it's strong. Very solid low end, especially in the low mids and its so clear! If I find I ever need more cones, I'll add a second, no doubt...

9. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Congrats , those are really good cabs . Wait till the tens get broken in some the low end will bloom a little more but still stay tight .

Nice cab !

10. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new cab!

IMHO, the Avatar 210 cabs are some of the better 210 cabinets commerically available.

In the future get you another Avatar 210 and stack em' as a vertical 410 for the big jobs!

Use one for rehearsals/small jobs, both when you need more volume and coverage.

My working rig is two Avatar Neo 210 cabs, I LOVE them!