1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD- Barefaced 610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigBobbyBass, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    This is my second Barefaced cab. I also have a BigTwin2. I received the cab 3 weeks ago and now have a few shows and rehearsals on it. Just a fantastic cab. Definitely more colored than the BT2, with a "girthier" low mids. I'm loving the way overdrive is presented, currently Darkglass VMT>B7K>MarkBass LMT800. I won't be selling my BT2, but this thing's definitely a keeper.

Attached Files:

2. Congrats. Cool cab

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  3. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Yup, congrats! I have BB2 + SM as my 2x12 rig, and also a Four10. Very different types of cabs, but both really great at what they do. I won't be letting go of either kind. I understand fully why you'd want to have both varieties. NCD is always a great day (when you buy a Barefaced, at least). Enjoy!

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  4. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Very nice! Looks pretty compact for a 610. Does it have tilt-back casters, or is it a lift-and-carry?

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  5. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Kick back. It's the lightest 610 I've ever encountered at 65 lbs. Super easy schlep

NKBassman likes this.
  6. How is the 610 working out for you?

7. Yes I'd like to know too

8. 3rd'd @BigBobbyBass

Plutonium244 likes this.
  9. Very interesting take on a classic design here by barefaced. I'd love to try one

10. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Sorry guys, been super busy. I've had it out 2-3 times a week since posting. I absolutely love it. If I'm using overdrive, im using this cab. It really shines through it. If there's anything in particular you'd like to know, ask, and I'll try to articulate the best I can.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Aubassity likes this.
  11. K-2

K-2

Nov 30, 2016
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    I have heard that Barefaced cabs claim they can get to volumes that bigger cabs can get. Any experiences on that? I use two 4x10 Ashdown cabs. Sometime along the road I might consider getting a smaller enclosure and recently I started looking into 6x10 (I saw Mesa has one, yet Barefaced is somewhat more appealing). If you have any experience with 8x10 or two 4x10, how does Barefaced 6x10 compares? Volume and tone vise? As a side note I play in alternative metal band (some overdrive, boosted high mids/highs, cut at 500-600hz, slapping is involved in half of the songs) . Thanks in advance! And congrats on this great looking cab!

12. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I'm not surprised to hear that it sounds great. Any gripes schlepping it around?

13. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    This won't be terribly helpful since I haven't played through Ashdown cabs, but in general my experience is that, YES the Barefaced cabs of all stripes put out plenty, more than standard cabs. I have the Barefaced Four10 and that puts out PLENTY... I've used other 4x10's in the past including SWR, Eden, Fender, and occasionally together in a 2 x 4x10 setup.

The only reason I'd get a Six10 instead of a Four10 instead would be:
    1) taller so speakers closer to ear level and
    2) looks totally impressive. Oh, and
    3) The Six10 has kickback casters for rolling, the Four10 nees to be carried (or cart/dolly though at 49 pounds, not a bad carry at all).

I have no doubt that a Barefaced Six10 would easily do what a typical/good 8x10 does and more. And the tone of the Barefaced is phenomenal, especially for tube amps and if you use overdrive, but for any style and head combo really. Of course @BigBobbyBass, since he actually HAS the Six10, is "the man" for answering questions about it. I don't see how you could go wrong with that cab. While I have heard/read a couple people that didn't like Barefaced cabs, they are very few and far between. I have several Barefaced, and if there's one thing I am set on for life pretty much, it's cabs with these 4 BF cabs. The only time I'll buy another cab in my lifetime is if I decide to be indulgent and add another Barefaced cab, like a Two10 to add to the Four10 to make a Six10.

BigBobbyBass, K-2 and NKBassman like this.
  14. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    It's definitely as loud or louder than the Ampeg and peavey 8×10s ive owned. The main difference is the available lows. There is no low end roll off and not as much compression. A little more colored than my Barefaced BigTwin2, and what seems to be a little low mid bump, which gives it a more "vintage sealed" sound. I hope this helps.

15. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    Not quite as easy as the 46lb BigTwin2, but by far and away the easiest "big cab" I own. I had to haul it up a flight of stairs with only 30% lung capacity and survived.lol

NKBassman likes this.
  16. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    +1 to all of this, I couldn't say it better, so I won't try.

Frankie Fender and Plutonium244 like this.