1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD - Barefaced One10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SLPimp, Jan 21, 2021.

1. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Been looking for a small cab for awhile. Was previously using a Genzler MG12TV as a combo with my MG350.

After a job loss, I sold a lot, including my Genzler cab. It was 24# and I wanted even lighter.

I've never owned a single 10" cab before, but have played several 210 variants on stage (Ashen, Carvin, and Raezer's Edge) . The BF has been widely praised on TB as being used for small gigs, which are 90% of what I play.

Played for 15 or so minutes before I had to hop onto a Zoom call and here are my first impressions:

- Loud. Loud. Loud. I had to adjust the volume on my MG350 down from where I even practiced with my 210.

- Moves air. Even at low volumes, my legs got a breeze.

- Deep. I was worried this would be an issue, having read the cab has its own character and is without a tweeter. Is it deep? Heck yes. I was surprised. I could feel notes, and this gave my MG350 even more weight than it already had. But even with flats on my Reverend, all the notes were even and it took EQ (dialed in high mids) very well.

- does Genzler justice. The contours on the Genzler amps are great. They don't always come out well on ever cab. I found both the modern and vintage settings popped more with this cab.

- super light weight, finish is fantastic, yada yada.

Can't wait to try this in a rehearsal. Who knows when.

Attached Files:

2. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Glad you pulled the trigger on it! Looks great.

SLPimp likes this.
  3. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Also, I ordered this Sunday and Andertonsgot it to me today. Not bad at all.

dave64o and S-Bigbottom like this.
  4. Benko

Benko

Dec 16, 2014
    Tokyo, Japan
    Love mine too! This cab is missing NO low end!

lermgalieu and SLPimp like this.
  5. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I started my Barefaced journey with the One10, then tried a Two10, then a Super Compact. then came back to the One10 (2 of them, actually). In all my years of playing, it’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Enjoy!

lermgalieu, dralionux and SLPimp like this.
  6. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I will. Alex said it might not be for me since I play clean, but I still like this type of character.

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Yup. It's the standard for minimal weight with maximal volume/tone.

SLPimp likes this.
  8. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Welcome to the club! Completely agree with you on all those points (except for re Genzler...I've never tried one).

I got one out of the very first batch made and haven't regretted it.

3835AE9C-52D7-4551-98D9-F94EB669E609.jpeg

lomo likes this.
  9. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    I got a Super Twin (212) myself, and it's probably the best bass purchase I've ever made. If I had the funds, I'd get a One10 just for rehearsal, so I could leave it at the drummer's place. Enjoy your purchase!

Breeze3 and SLPimp like this.
  10. Where / how do you buy Barefaced in the US? Is it still order and ship from Jolly Old ?

lomo, SLPimp and blastoff like this.
  11. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Congratulations. It's a great cab.

I'm still fighting with my workplace to get mine back as they decided to claim it over the summer.

12. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ordered from Andertons.

infamusblkdeath likes this.
  13. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Mill Valley, CA
    Love my One10

SLPimp likes this.
  14. BassTank84

BassTank84 Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Sidney, OH 45365
    Can you explain any differences between the two cabs, genzler vs barefaced? I was thinking of getting a genzler, but now this opens up new options. The genzler 10-2 array is not too much more money than the barefaced, but the barefaced is lighter.

15. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Here's what I wrote to someone in a PM comparing the BF with the Genzler 112, my last cab. I'll add i owned the BA 10-2 and loved it, but think the 112 is the better of the two. Not much heavier, better for gigs, better form factor. There's a 112V for sale for 650 on eBay and Reverb, btw. There's also a 10-2 on sale for 579, i believe, on reverb.

"I only have a little time at low volumes to compare them. But the BG requires less output to achieve whisper volumes and still sounds good.

With my 112 I set the clipping at 12:00 and volume around 9. With the BF i had to cut the clipping to 9.

I found the tones using the contour to be much different, but the Genzler seems more neutral. I feel more low end with the BF, but response and sound wise I think they're both great. The BF has a down firing port too, which i believe improves bass.

I'll weigh in more once I have a chance to open it up some more. With rehearsals on hold its hard to really tell.

Overall, I'm very happy, and the BF was less expensive and lighter. But no tweeter, so no response above 4.5khz."

5StringPocket likes this.
  16. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Alright! Another mini-rig of doom.

17. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I’d love to try that Genzler 350 with my pair of One10s. I’ve used a GK MB200 for years, but that head looks interesting to me.

18. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    It's my favorite sub 500w head. It would be more perfect of it were 500w, but it has heft to it that makes up for the power power. And the EQ contours are really great.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021