NCD - BFM Jack 10 Lite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lark_z, Aug 12, 2022.

1. lark_z

lark_z Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Tinkerer at heart here. Decided to build my own cab awhile back. I finished my Bill Fitzmaurice Jack 10 Lite awhile back, but it just sat here torturing me while I dealt with some head issues (that have been documented on TB).

Pleased as punch with the cab. Now, I know NOTHING about this really (being a noob), so I won't expound a bunch of meaningless garbage. But, it is quite loud with a head that puts 180 watts into 8 ohms and it is just short of 20 lbs. I've never gotten past maybe 40% on the level before the dogs leave. I guess I've finally actually heard what a bass should sound like and I love it.

The Duratex finish was a dream to put on and looks great.

Total outlay, just under $350. That's with the driver 'upgrade' - Basslite S2010. The Baltic Birch prices are absolutely ridiculous, if you can even find it.

Build thread is detailed on BFM site. I don't know if it's kosher to post a link here.

final.JPG done3.JPG

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Very nice!

3. 6thplanet

6thplanet Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Indiana
    Great job!

4. mizedog

mizedog Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Really nice job! Thanks for posting. It's tough to find recent/current BFM builds.
    I'm considering building a couple Jack Lite 12s, but wonder if the 10s would suffice. Are you happy with the amount, and depth of the lows? Would it put up with a low B string?
    Last question. It looks like you have the feet on the side. Have you tried using the cab on its side? If so, did the dispersion characteristics work to get the sound up to your ears?
    Thanks.

5. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    That thing looks weird, and I like it great job on the build!

6. lark_z

lark_z Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2020
    The J10 has a lot of low end and seems more than adequate. At 50% on the head, it's quite loud, but I'm in a small room. Now, it's not like I've ever stood in front of an SVT and a stack for comparison.

I restrung my BEAD back to standard, so I can't comment on the B.

I have not yet tried the cab on the side. I'm guessing that question has been asked and answered on the BFM forum. Bill's active there and a wealth of knowledge.