1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD - DB112NT - oh yeah ! 2 questions ?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pimmsley, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Well I'm very excited... :hyper:

All the way from the USA to Australia in just over a week, bought from a fellow TB'er NIB (thanks Ralph).

so, I've only been playing it for about 45 mins so far before I felt compelled to post, but after playing for as long as I have, I know what I like, and I like this cab a lot !

Only got the one 112 so far, second on way, and when I get the second one might be a struggle to get two of these in my car, but I'm sure as hell gonna try...

Perfect with the TH-350 and going to try the GB Shuttle 9.2 next... fun day so far !

I can see/hear what all the fuss is about these cabs... beautiful sound, the NT suits my current tone quest perfectly, and I can't wait to hear how this one guy keeps up at rehearsal, and small gigs...

Two questions...

1) Does anyone use one in the Vertical position ? i.e. Handle up ? obviously with additional feet I'm guessing...

2) Does a second extent the low end response appreciably/noticeably ? (no complaints at all, just curious...)

Thanks guys ! :D

IMG_0809.

2. Great with the GB Shuttle 9.2 too, even sans tweeter the 'sizzle' character of the Genz still shines through and the tight bottom sounds excellent.

Only complaint so far is minor badge (Aguilar badge on grill) rattle/vibration at certain notes at moderate-loud levels (TH-350 at 1/2-4/5 master volume)... I tried tightening the screws but I'm still getting some at upper octave B-C#... Seems to only kick in at certain volumes, so not too worried, just surprised.

Is this normal ?

Thank you.

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Try some double sided tape.
    3m makes a VHB that is really nice.
    VHB= very high bond and is removable without any mess.

4. I will endeavour to find some online ;) thanks for the suggestion... It does seem to have some adhesive already, but I think it's separating a little with vibration... I'm tempted to take the badge off to double check its not a cab vibration.
    Fantastic sounding cab I must say.

5. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    I have the GS112 not the DB112 - I run my cab in the vertical position all the time. Gets the tweeter up a little higher. Also running two (at least for the GS so I would expect the same of the DB) does greatly extend the lows IME. It's amazing how much difference a pair of 112s makes with the Aggies.

6. Thank you, I was hoping to hear some anecdotal comments... Great !
    Excited to try a pair, I may have been pushing the single 12 a little when I noticed the badge noise, but I'm surprised I haven't heard it mentioned before, as it wasn't crazy volume.

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    It's an interesting effect when you add a second cab - the result is more than the sum of the two parts, if that makes sense.

8. Yes i do, that's definitely a positive thing, excellent.

9. I'm kinda shocked no other Aguilar DB owners have commented... All gigging ?

10. Ok this is quickly turning to disappointment...
    Had time to really check out the cab and I'm getting a lot of vibration noise from the front grill of the cab even at moderate levels... As it is, I can't use this cab for recording.

Any DB 112 owners... Is this normal ?

11. wolffire99

wolffire99 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    St. Louis
  12. howdeninxw

howdeninxw

Oct 28, 2013
    It does seem to have some adhesive already, but I think it's separating a little with vibrationhttp://**************/10c.jpg

13. If you pick up another, get the tweetered version then you have a perfect little stack!

14. I would love to try that, seems to be a popular pairing... If funds permit. Cheers !

15. lilcrate

lilcrate Tortdaddy

Sep 9, 2013
    St. Louis
    Out of curiosity, would that would make a big difference over having a second one without a tweeter?

16. Wait till you play them with your band...... : )

17. Just because you then have the option of having extra treble and high end, should you want it. Don't want it? Dial it down :)

The tweet is great on the DB112/DB212.

18. Just to update: my problem grill (badly seated) has been resolved, my excitement has returned and very happy. Also, not to gloat but a second DB112NT will be leaving the USA tomorrow to head to over here and join its lonely brother... If I could have swung a DB112 for near the price I am paying for the NT I would have, alas I will try the NT stack (almost certain it's what I want, as the NT is bright enough) and if I'm really missing that tweeter I'll work it out next year.
    Cheers

19. The cab killed it in rehearsal and its first gig !
    Man, can't wait for the stack to become a reality...
    I'm just blown away at the quality of this single 12. Worth the weight and the wait... Monster green looks sick ! We were all floored at the detail from a cab that low on the ground too, and will have to look at side feet and try that vertical orientation ;)