1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD: Euphonic Audio VL-208

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by interp, Oct 26, 2018.

1. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    C8DC5557-E293-44FA-9062-0ED95FEC6A35. The latest addition to my growing VL series collection arrived yesterday from North Carolina (Thanks, Blue!).
    Took it right to my gig and it did just what it’s supposed to do—fill the room with studio-quality low end sound. This makes three VL-208’s. My protection against the possibility of EA driver failure is to own multiple 5’’, 8” and 10” EA drivers. Hopefully they will all be able to stay in their cabinets of residence.

This is the best photo I could find. (Notice the Real (Czech) Budweiser speaker stand.)

2. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Yeah---the VL208 was the inspiration for my 8" cabs

interp and lowendrv like this.
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Think Percy Jones uses EA cabs now. Saw Brand X last year. Not quite sure which one...

4. Omega Monkey

Omega Monkey

Mar 8, 2015
    I thought Percy was using some small combo, but I could be wrong, especially since I dont even know if EA has any combos. Regardless, it sounded awesome, especially when he would hit that low C for accents (I think Nightmare Patrol is one where he does that). He's got such an unusual sound, with really bright flatwounds and active pickups so it's kind of like an upright on steroids, with a lot of depth, but also a lot of fingerboard clack (in a good way).

5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi interp :)

The Real? Come on????? :D

upload_2018-10-28_14-2-31.

Next time get a Blue crate!!!!!!! :D That' s the real stuff! :laugh:

Happy NCD!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

6. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Auggie’s is great beer, but it’s not the real Budweiser (Budvar).

7. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    I’ve heard nothing but good things about your 8” cabs, Mike. I’m definitely going to try one out the first chance I get.