1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD: fEARless content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Mar 28, 2015.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    mark made this up for me. Though it took longer than I expected (understandable that he would get backed up with work, look how beautiful this is!), I'm super excited about this. I got it from fed ex real late before heading in to work, so I haven't even been able to play it, yet. Actually, I went home on my lunch at 1am to open it up and take pics!

I'll get a matching f112 to sit on top. Until I get the f112, I'll be running this 8ohm with a streamliner and some parts basses that happen to be superb. What do you all think? image. image. image.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    which model is that? looks impressive, well done.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I dig it. Love the black hardware on white Duratex look; love the quasi-Art Deco vibe of the metal grill. I like the slot port(s). I like the form factor. And I understand the tone/performance of these things is outstanding.

If I had one, I'd do exactly what you're planning to do: Get a second one just like it. :bassist:

MM

LowEndWooly likes this.
  4. popgadget

popgadget Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    Looks like an F115 to me.

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Wow! Beautiful.

6. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Excellent. Congrats.

7. stevensivak

stevensivak Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2014
    its a stage monitor- how do you put something on top?
    well stand it up, for sure but why have it sloped?

8. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    A normal rack fits fine on top of an F115. I had the pleasure of building this cab for Casey. The wedge position can come in very handy on tight stages :)

9. stevensivak

stevensivak Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2014
    makes no sense to me- but what do I know....

10. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    Look at the 2nd pic and notice the set of feet on the left side when oriented as a wedge - you can use as a wedge or stand on edge to yield a vertical baffle orientation [see this in the 3rd pic]

dukeorock likes this.
  11. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    also - folks have used velcro or even made "tilt back racks" to hang small amps on GB wedge designs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Great job Mark; that cab is beautiful and I bet it sounds just as great!! Congrats LowEndWooly; you scored an awesome cab; get another and wow!!!

dukeorock likes this.
  13. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    AWESOME! I do really like those grills.......

dukeorock likes this.
  14. Love that color combination!

BTW, I just hang the front two 'feet' of a micro amp over the front edge of my F110 when using it in the wedge monitor position. It works, no velcro or anything else required.

dukeorock likes this.
  15. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    BurningSkies and dukeorock like this.
  16. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Sweet cabinet Woody! Lucky dog.

LowEndWooly and dukeorock like this.
  17. stevecaronna

stevecaronna Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    St Rose Louisiana
    I was just wondering if you made that metal part holding your amp or did you buy it and if you bought it where did you buy it from? Looks perfect for the job.

18. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    So, you're not trying to make me suffer from envy, right? You're just super happy about yr cab. ALL IS FORGIVEN!

LowEndWooly and dukeorock like this.
  19. popgadget

popgadget Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    Actually, I made that bracket, but there really isn't any need for one. Just hanging the feet over the front edge works fine.

Foz, dukeorock and stevecaronna like this.
  20. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    When I first contacted Mark (dukeorock) I sent him pretty vague desires on how I wanted it to look. In fact, I sent him a picture of this car and told him "I actually really like the theme going on with this sweet car":

http://cdn.skyje.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/13-vintage-white-car.jpg

and he just made it happen. I know my pictures are a bit hazy for comparison, so I'll take some better ones soon and also hook it up and review it a bit in the next couple of weeks... but Mark really did an outstanding job. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's also bigger than I expected, which is totally a good thing. I play most rock, Sabbath style stuff, so a bigger rig looks cooler on stage. But it isn't so big that it is unwieldy or too heavy (easy enough to one hand this). I think with this sitting vertical and a horizontal F112 on top, this will be the perfect marriage of size, portability, power (gobs of power).

bholder and dukeorock like this.