1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD! GK NEO 212-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DerTeufel, Jun 29, 2014.

1. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    Well..it really isn't new..it's used, but new to me!

I had been wanting a 212 for a long time, and when I saw them pop up in the classifieds, I never had the cash! The bass gods saw my struggle and a beam of light shown down when the time was right.

Right here in our very own classified section, I found a GK 212 Neo-II cabinet that was priced nicely and was nearby! It was advertised as having casters, a cover, and Eminence Deltalite 2512-II speakers instead of what came originally. A choice was to be made..original drivers (one was being repaired) or the Eminence drivers. I chose to go with the Eminence drivers. A few private messages later, a deal was struck, and a meeting arranged.

Saturday morning came, and my wife and I drove to where we met up with the seller. He had represented the cabinet very well..money was exchanged, and I now had the task of stuffing this cabinet into a Honda Civic. Into the back seat it went, and I couldn't wait to plug it in!!

I use a GK MB Fusion 500...and up until I bought this cabinet, I was either using a Seismic Audio 210 or 215. The 210 was extremely lack-luster, and sounded as if it had a blanket wrapped around the outside of it. The 215 is a decent sounding cabinet, but really only sounds decent if you crank the volume.

I set the master volume at 3 o'clock, and turned up the input gain to taste (all EQ points were at noon, contour off). I played around with the tweeter volume, and settled with the tweeter just slightly above "off". I could not be happier with the tone and volume of this cabinet! Those Deltalite drivers are sahweeeeet!!

I know..no pics, no cab. So here ya go!

Attached Files:

Plucky The Bassist and rodl2005 like this.
  2. Hi be careful with the 1/4 input jack on the back of the cab..don't knock it with a cable inserted..its plastic and will break..apart from that a great cab

Leslie

3. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Sweet score! Almost had one myself, but had to cancel the order due to some unexpected car costs. Interesting to see the seller put the Eminence speakers in, I love them in my Avatar cab so I imagine they sound good in there too. Pretty cool that it comes with casters as well, not a bad idea for a cab that size.