1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCD Glasstone Lil' G 212 vs Fearless F112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jlepre, May 18, 2017.

1. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I am receiving the Glasstone today, and I already own the F112 (8 Ohm). I'm not really expecting these to cabs to be in competition, but I got such a great deal on the 212 that I couldn't pass it up. I'm expecting the 212 to be louder (4 Ohm), but will it really be TWICE as loud?

I have a gig tomorrow night. I might bring both cabs to AB.

Also I'm running a Genzler MG800 that is stable down to 2.6777 Ohms. Can I run both cabs safely? I would think so.

2. Lucky man. It must be tough being you.
    The math is good on ohms with the F112 getting a third and the 2x12 will get two thirds power, if my understanding is correct.
    Have a good time! Let us know your thoughts.

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Thanks,

I didn't really NEED the Glasstone, but Rev was selling off his stock at a deep discount. He said he's stepping back from cab business to concentrate on his ministry.

4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Well I was able to do a very non scientific comparison. The Lil G 212 is definitely LOUD and has some nice clarity with so serious booty bump. Compared to my F112 it is very close. Now of course it's unfair in both power and drivers...but when I put them together? WOW! It was an amazing marriage between two similar cabs. I have an outdoor party on Saturday that I will bring the pair to hear how they do with a loud cover band.

I'll say one thing...they look pretty good stacked. 20170518_225025. 20170518_225042.