1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD: Greenboy Bassic12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MostlyBass, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Hey all. I bought a Greenboy Bassic15 last year built by Don Barry. It's an amazing cabinet - light and LOUD. But it's more than I need for rehearsals so this year I ordered a Bassic12 from JHawk Customs (Don was moving and couldn't build).

The 12 is a tiny monster! I had it built of Okoume and it comes in at 20.5lbs. I'm away from home right now and only have my GK MB200 to try with it but it's awesome. It's hard to believe the sound coming from it. I can't wait to get back and try them together :)

Attached Files:

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Nice. I have the Bassic 15, as you know. Great cabs. Let us know how the 12 and 15 pair up.

3. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    They are amazing cabs! I also liked being able to customize the specs. On the 15 I got recessed metal handles on top and both sides and just the top on the 12. I don't like strap type handles. I also got the Faital in both and that's a great sounding speaker - very even throughout the range and plenty of high end. ( I don't use tweeters.)

4. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    love the look of that cab!

5. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Thanks! Here's its big brother :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405091746.326001.

6. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I've seen that cab (the 15) an bunch of times. Love it. I ordered a pair of Bassic 15s and gave serious thought to having them built to look exactly like that.

7. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    A pair? That's awesome! Must sound amazing and really punchy. What specs did you get?

8. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Well, unfortunately I haven't gotten them yet, so hard to say how they sound. Going on almost 16 weeks since I paid my deposit :banghead:. Reminds me, I need to email my AB! Getting a little frustrated cuz I wanted them for a really busy summer of gigging.

Went with the Faital drivers. Black tolex. S&P grill cloth with a white piping. Can't wait to get them.

9. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    16 weeks?? Both of mine were delivered in the given time frame - 1 month for the 15 and 6 weeks for the 12. On the bright side, they'll be worth the wait!

10. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ya, that's kind of what I figured... Not impressed much, but hopefully they will be worth the wait. I love the 2x 115 set up for ultimate flexibility. Anyway, not to derail your thread with my problems.

Awesome new cab! Just classy looking.

11. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Go the the greenboy forums. Some of the authorized builders are all caught up and can begin on a new order right away.

12. hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Man. Don't think I want to go to the trouble of getting a refund, and starting the process all over again. I assume that the cabs have got to be close to done. Just sent an email to my AB, and I'll wait and see what he says.

I never discussed an actual time line other than "I have a bunch of gigs this summer and look forward to using these cabs" so I didn't feel like I had all that much room to demand anything... Although, our last contact he said 2-3 weeks, and that was about 4-5 weeks ago. Maybe he will step up and offer free shipping or something.