1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NCD: Marshall VBC 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Clammy, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Neal Moser Guitars, DR Strings
    Ever since I started using VBA 400 heads, I have been very curious about the VBC 412 cabs, but I didn't want to drop a grand+ without having heard one first, so I've waited. After playing through a pair of them at Sweden Rock in June, I was very impressed, so I decided to pull the trigger... around the same time, I found a used one for sale on Kijiji - lucky me! I picked it up today, and it's in extremely good shape. According to the serial number, it's from 2010, so it's pretty new, and I got a KILLER deal on it! The guy I bought it off of demo'ed it (to show that it was in proper working order) with his own VBA 400, and it sounded awesome!! I brought it home, and plugged one of my VBA 400s into it, and jammed away. Yep, sounds awesome!! :hyper:

Here are some photos:

DSCN0241.

DSCN0247.

DSCN0245.

Cheers!
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Very cool! Killer rig you got there. I hope to get something like that one day. How's the weight of that sucker?

3. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    It's no lightweight, hehehe... weighs about the same as my Marshall 4x12 guitar cabs loaded with Celestion G12-80 heavy magnet speakers.

This thing sounds phenomenal, though! It's got loads of bottom end, while remaining tight and punchy. :D

Cheers!

4. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I played a VBA 400 into a VBC810 a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. Huge bottome end in the traditional style.

5. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Congratulations!!! I love mine, and it is the perfect match for the VBA400 head, IMO.

I got mine used too, and it sounds great but the wheels were seriously messed up when I got it but but a friend repaired it for me. You have to be careful with the wheels as they are not that stout, other than that, killer cab. Enjoy!

6. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    Big , beautiful and I am sure sounds killer!!! Who cares how much it weighs

7. Nice man, I have always been curious about pumping my VBA into a VBC412.

At the moment I m using a Bergantino NV412 and would love to A/B the 2 cabs.

8. There is nothing quite like a big ass tube head on top of a big cab.

9. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    How about a big ass tube head on top of TWO big cabs? :D

From Sweden Rock Festival - 2 VBC 412 cabs
    SANY1442.

My current rig - mid-80s JCM 800 Bass Series 4x12 top and 2x15 bottom
    DSC03192.

Cheers!

Barbaric.Eric likes this.
  10. geddeeee

geddeeee

Jun 30, 2006
    Superb sounding cab!!!

The VBA 400 is THE best all valve amp IMO. A beast of an amplifier. Coupled with a VBC you will never have problems being heard. Awesome!!!!!!!