NCD (New-to-me Combo Day) Ultra Cheap Genz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skyline_01, Jul 25, 2019.

1. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist: Nordstrand Audio, Tsunami Cables Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Thought I would share this FB Marketplace gem. I've been looking for an inexpensive, knock-around combo to use on acoustic duo/trio gigs and to practice at home with. I happened upon this yesterday and jumped on it right away. The guy even brought it to my workplace today. Works perfectly, good condition, sounds great. Price? $40

9FA744F8-3A4B-4D28-B543-BACD26923039.jpeg

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Score!

3. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi skyline_01 :)

[​IMG]

Happy New Combo Day!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

Monterey Bay-ss and IconBasser like this.
  4. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Right?!! I don't anticipate any trouble with it, but if I do I'm coming straight to ya. :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  5. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH

Hi!

6. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    I’ve never heard of that model. Is it a 10 incher? How’s it sound?

7. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    It's a 12" with a bullet tweeter. I had never heard of the Intro 50 either until I stumbled across it on FB. It sounds really good - very neutral, no coloration that I can hear. The tweeter doesn't have an attenuator but the treble control is very effective. I'm really digging it!

wraub, Omega Monkey and wave rider like this.
  8. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Nice score! I have a Streamliner 600 and a Contour 2x10 combo, both are awesome. I doubt there was ever anything other than a great GB product.

skyline_01 likes this.
  9. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Thanks! Yep, I have never heard anything bad about a Genz product and I'm looking forward to using it in a small gig setting.

10. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
  11. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    wraub and jlepre like this.
  12. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC/JAM USA: Distributor of Ashdown amplification
    Wow, that brings back memories.

13. Keger Jupit

Keger Jupit Inactive

May 10, 2018
    The Great PNW!!
    skyline_01 and jlepre like this.
  14. Damn

I play Genz Benz el diablo 50 combo for guitar... and sometimes for aggressive tube bass.... I honestly think they are some of the best amps designed and made, and cheap on used market because guitar folks don't understand active eq.

Sounds like the ideal small gig and practice amp there!

S-Bigbottom, agedhorse and skyline_01 like this.
  15. skyline_01

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH

Indeed, it is really nice stuff. I feel like I lucked out by just browsing the Marketplace at the right time. Maybe the poor guy was just desperate for cash... I kinda felt like a thief giving him $40 for it but I didn't hesitate either. :DIt sounds so good; very neutral, no coloration at all, and has a DI just in case you need the support. I think it's gonna become my go-to amp for the sans-drums/coffee-house-type gigs.

S-Bigbottom, dkelley and agedhorse like this.
  16. That is really cheap. I paid the same for a used Gorilla as a teenager.

skyline_01 and dkelley like this.
  17. Yea that's crappola amp pricing. I got my el diablo on trade for my former Ltd six string bass... and I feel I got a good deal. 40 for that is great. Its not the monster amp my el diablo is for guitar (all tube, active eq, multi channel, el34 or 6l6, power cut setting, weighs roughly 80 pounds),

...but yea coffee shop gigs etc You couldn't do better for than your GB 50

skyline_01 and agedhorse like this.
  18. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Great buy!

skyline_01 likes this.
  19. Blueinred

Blueinred Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    Just curious, what's she weigh?

20. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    Kinda makes my $40 Peavey Basic 40 seem less cool, but I'll still play it daily. :D

Congrats on the score. :)

skyline_01 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021