1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD.........Peavey Headliner 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Oct 12, 2017.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Needed a cab for the rehearsal spot. Got tired of going through the PA and my sound being sucky. Asked around and also posted to a local group on Facebook asking if anyone had a cab for sale and my budget was $200. A local cat said he just picked up one of these for $200 brand new. I head down to the store and see the cab with a sticker for $279. I went up to the counter and said "hey, a little birdie told me y'all are selling that Peavey 112 cab for $200". Sure enough, dude said 'yup'! $200 even!

Took it home and plugged her in. Nice cab. It's got some booty. Not a lot of highs from the tweeter which could be a good thing. It sounds pretty smooth. Just enough to get that old school slap sound. No attentuator, just an on/off switch. Weighs about 30-35 lbs. Too bad, I already have a rig or else I would have bought 2. 2 together would seriously bring the boom!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

dfo5Epdm.jpg

Attached Files:

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Funny edit to this story. Just realized the guy who replied to my post on Facebook was the guy in the store who sold it to me! LOL!

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Nice cab, Congrats!
    Looks like a TL806 with a tweeter added.

DWBass likes this.
  5. basshusain

basshusain

Sep 1, 2017
    Hey so how do you like this thing now? Thinking about a cheap cab for the space myself and am taking a long look at these Peavey Headliners.

6. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    Nice cab you can use outside the studio. If I needed a cheap new cab I could leave at a studio, I would get a Seismic 2x15 for $200 and leave it there.

basshusain likes this.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

So far so good. Loud and deep. Perfect for the rehearsal spot. I may just get another one even though I already have a gigging rig. For $200, it's a steal. Even at the regular price of $279, it's worth it.

BadExample likes this.
  8. Rattfink

Rattfink

Jan 31, 2014
    Denver,CO USA
    Sorry to necro this thread, but how is your 112 holding up?

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just fine. I use it for every rehearsal. I've used it on a few gigs as well. Great cab. For $200 it has already paid for itself.

alanolynn and Rattfink like this.
  10. HarveyRobertson

HarveyRobertson Lowdown Showdown Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Benton Kentucky
    What's the name of the store? Do you have a link to the music store that's selling the cab at that price?

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Audio Light and Music AL&M Virginia Beach, VA.

HarveyRobertson likes this.
  12. HarveyRobertson

HarveyRobertson Lowdown Showdown Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Benton Kentucky