1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCD: second dna 4x10 came in today.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by devilman666, Jun 28, 2012.

1. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    All I gotta say is wow. I thought one was great well two is ten times better lol . I loved the tone before but needed to get the 4x10 off the floor and some more clean volume so I figured what better way than with another 4x10. Running into this rig of doom is an Eden Navigator sending signal to a qsc rmx 2450 bridged for 1200 watts per cab. A big thanks goes out to the guys at Bass San Diego for amazing packing and service and shipping of the used one I picked up from them. Cab was as described and in perfect shape when I got it. What say you talkbass?

Attached Files:

• CABS.
      CABS.jpg
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks impressive. Clips?

3. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    I'll have some raw bass track from out ep we're mixing right now up . it was mic'd off my original dna 4x10.

4. Well more like a total of 2,000 as you are limited by line voltage.... =D

5. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    Interesting what do you mean limited by line voltage . Is the amp not rated at 2400watts at 4ohms with 120volts. I love info

6. The line that goes to the building limits you to about 2,000 watts give or take. If you were in europe and had a 240v supply it would be a different story.

7. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    Watt’s Law dictates that the total power
    (P) may be obtained by multiplying voltage (E) times
    current (I), i.e. P = I X E… (20 amps X 120 volts
    equals approximately 2,400 watts). This is assuming
    that you a have a well regulated 120 volt supply and
    a 20 amp breaker… The fact is, 20 amp breakers
    can rarely supply 20 amps CONTINUOUSLY,
    and even at that, the VOLTAGE usually DROPS
    considerably from the nominal 120 volts when you
    are pulling that much current. Given the 120-volts/20
    amps scenario, you are pretty much stuck with an
    AVERAGE maximum of 2,400 watts. Am I missing something ?

8. No but as you said, its not really 20 amps or 120 volts constantly. Add anything else to the breaker and you really start to dip. It doesnt really matter, the volume gain from 1900 to 2400 watts, providing you have cabinets that can do something with the extra power, is negligible.

9. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    Totally understand real world opperation is slightly dif but just making sure I wasn't losing my mind . Specs aside sounds amazing and clena power for days lol .

10. Exactly, you have about as much clean head room as one can get in this country. I run a bridged IPR for the same reasons. I can pretty much go loud and clean way pay true usable volume. If I want grit, I can add it in.

To all those combo playing sissys, I say there is nothing like playing a big rig.

11. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    Oh I agree I mean get what yah need if you play with guys with combo amps great . I do not so I wanted the biggest baddest thing I could get. DONE!

12. ajwolfcale

ajwolfcale

Aug 7, 2011
    Nashville
    Good lord, that is massive. How many times so far have you crapped your pants playing that rig?

13. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    I think the hight is perfect. Really puts it at a level that helps hit me on stage and at practice so I can hear and Feel it. I turn it up slowly a to not **** my shorts every first note of practice lol.

14. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    and that's how it's done!

i wonder if there's some slight low end beef to be gained by flipping the bottom cab so that both shelf vents are right against each other acting like one big vent?

15. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    That's intense man! Glad you dig it man. It looks sweet.

How do you like the DNA cabs? Think they sound much like the old Eden gear?

16. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    I would say these don't have that mid hump of the xlt cabs. Very big full lows and crisp highs with good mids. Close to the xst cab tone wise but much louder due to the ported front. I love these cabs. I tried them head to head with the eden gear and it wasn't even close.

17. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Damn! That is very cool. Congrats!!!

18. devilman666

devilman666

Apr 23, 2011
    manchester nh
    Yah cool it is. I can't wait to hear it on stage at the Palladium. My band just got a spot on The Summer Slaughter tour date in mass. Sharing a stage with Alex Webster from cannibal corpse is a life changer for sure.