NCD: The Most Teutonic-Sounding Rig in California: Gallien-Krueger-Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Riff Ranger, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Riff Ranger

Riff Ranger Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Bigfoot Country
    74116A96-42FA-4C20-9EBB-FDBFCA346A9C.jpeg
    Gallien + Krueger + Schroeder = Wunderbar!

I have a perfectly serviceable Peavey 115 BX to pair with the 800RB I just acquired (correcting an historical error), but I feel like 1x15 isn’t quite cutting it. I lugged around 2x15s and 4x10s once upon a time and have little desire to maneuver anything that size in my space (the weight’s no picnic, either, but getting in and out of my practice space is my primary concern). Just as I decided a modern 2x12 seemed a likely solution, @retrosynth posted this one and I pounced.

I’m glad I did. The size, weight, and wedge shape suit my space perfectly, and it sounds just like the mighty Germanic warrior of old I imagine when I say “Gallien-Krueger-Schroeder”—I get all the same lows and mids with better highs and overall definition. I think I’m set for instruments and amplification (really! looking to sell some stuff and not really to buy anything but a pedalboard), but if I ever decide to get a newer head that pumps out a majillion watts, this cab could handle it.

Ja! This’ll do :cool:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    JRA, kesslari, wave rider and 2 others like this.
  2. It needs to be played by Gunter Nezhoda to be THE most Teutonic-sounding rig. ;)

Monterey Bay-ss likes this.
  3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Tolle! Jenseits der wildesten Träume. Wo sind deine Hofner order Framus?

4. Riff Ranger

Riff Ranger Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Bigfoot Country
    My #1 (Fender Precision) adds to the Californianness of this rig, if not the Germanness. Perhaps it's time for me to give Warwicks another look.

5. Höfner uber alles. Außer Fender.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021