1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCSBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greybeard125, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Ahh the sweet smell of fresh lacquer! It doesnt get any better. My NOS 59 pbass from the custom shop got here and im one happy bass player. Had a jazz u neck with blocks and binding made to copy my 66 instead of the std neck and they nailed it. It made it to Bizarre Guitars on St Paddys day so the color was meant to be! A special thanks to Greg Golden and his crew for all the help during this once in a lifetime endeavor. If anyone is looking for a dealer to order their bass from, its definitely Greg.
    I love the color, and yes i'm irish (or àt least my ancestors were) so to those who dont like it " Piss Off" ! Its my custom, not yours. Sorry, the grumpy ole fart in me has to come out........

20150327_172840.

Attached Files:

2. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    There is nothing...nothing about that instrument that isn't classy and awesome as all get-out. So many congrats! Many, many years of enjoyment to you!

Slainte!

3. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    Killer bass. Congrats!

4. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Personally, I love the color (and pretty much anything Irish--you should see my gorgeous wife!)

But what color IS it exactly? Seems too light for Sherwood Green. I've seen metallic Surf and Seafoam green, but it's too dark and too green to be that.

It's rare I believe, but I have heard of Fender having a "Shamrock Green Metallic." Is that it? Because it is truly a thing of beauty.

5. Good ole lime green. Yeah, my wifes a redhead too!

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I was looking at picking up a Fender Deluxe Precision bass for quite some time. I think the Blizzard Pearl looks great with the gold pickguard...so does the Navy Blue, but I always wondered why Fender didn't have a green model. Green looks very cool with gold.

7. mel0dic.bassist

mel0dic.bassist

Jul 9, 2014
    Canada
    Love it! I too am (half) Irish, all redhead, so naturally I'm diggin' this!

What kind of bridge is on it? High mass?

8. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    WOW!!! that is stunning!

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I'd tap that.

shawshank72 and friendlybass like this.
  10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    That looks fantastic, congrats!

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats on your cool bass.

12. Woofer

Woofer

Sep 24, 2008
    OBX
    I also married an Irish redhead (well, maybe more of an auburn). Maybe we need a club?

Nice bass!

mel0dic.bassist likes this.
  13. Dig it, id probably have to try out a pearl, mint and black pickguard.

14. 1960jbass

1960jbass

Mar 28, 2013
    Berwick, PA
    Perfect as it is!! If we're starting a club I too am married to an Irish redhead. What's up with that??

15. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    Honestly, one of the most beautiful P-basses I've seen. The green is incredibly sleek.

16. jg42

jg42

Jul 12, 2012
    Toronto
    Seriously great looking!

17. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Congratulations & Compliments.

18. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Love it! Love how carpet matches the headstock. I'd be rocking an old school bridge but that's just me.....and I'm usually in the minority on that one. Congratulations man!

19. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    I like it. Nice work!

20. Joce

Joce

Jul 20, 2005
    Europe
    Custom Bass should be custom. Maybe a bit tacky to some, but look at your couch... ;) Congrats!