1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NDB! Sterling by EBMM Sub 4!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrKeef, Dec 10, 2018.

1. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    I've actually got this bass a week or two ago, but I wanted to give myself some time to settle in with it. My wife had purchased it for me for my upcoming birthday (15th) as she knew I've been wanting one for quite some time. I absolutely have to admit, for 250$ this thing is INSANELY good! Far more versatile then I thought it would be! I always said I am a P bass guy, I love my Mexican P w/ Geezers in it.. But this Sterling Ray is absolutely fantastic. I'm thinking of offing my Ibanez TMB310 and my Yamaha RBX774 and just buying Rays and Ps from here on out! 20181127_191814.

Attached Files:

2. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Nice one! Love the color!

Welcome to the "just Ps and Rays" club.

IMG_3071.JPG

lowdownthump and MrKeef like this.
  3. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Didn't realize it was a club! Definitely proud to be in now!

mouthmw likes this.
  4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Well.. It's not officially a club.. but I'd love to think there is :D

MrKeef likes this.
  5. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Well we've got at least two.. There must be.. At least a dozen of us! Lol. I'm going to be selling my tmb310 and my yamaha rbx774 soon, gonna pick up another Sterling Ray, put cobalt flats on that one. They make them in so many colors!

lowdownthump and mouthmw like this.
  6. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    At one time I had 4 SBMM SUB Rays- a mint green like yours, a white one, a walnut finish, and a walnut five string version. Went through my basses not too long ago to pare down the collection, now I don't have any of them left because I also had a MIA EBMM SUB Ray and decided to keep that one. The SBMM SUBs were terrific though. I love the Ray sound mind you- but came to the conclusion that I didn't really need 5 Rays, as I also love the P Bass sound, the Jazz bass sound, the dual humbucker sound......etc., etc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    lowdownthump, mouthmw and MrKeef like this.
  7. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    If I had a MIA EBMM, I'd probably be rid of my Sterling too! I am buying a Fender Select Precision in near mint condition in a couple months from a buddy of mine.. Next is a MIA Ray.

lowdownthump, Maxdusty and mouthmw like this.
  8. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I probably would have kept the mint green one had I not been bitten by GAS and had a trade proposal I couldn't refuse. The SBMM Rays are great especially considering how much they go for- they still have that Musicman Vibe to them, very well made especially the later SUB Rays as it addressed the hot preamp issues of the earlier version.