Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ne one heard of stellar guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dustklose, Feb 7, 2005.

1. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    has anyone ever heard of a company called stellar? they make guitars out of florida? i know they look nice but i have no clue how they sound ... can someone help provide me info on these guys :bassist:

2. link?

3. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    sorry about that i'll get you alink www.stellarguitars.com that'll get you there!! sorry about that!!! i know nothing about these guitars i want to know if there worth the 160$ that they want....i was looking at the neptune 001 bass

4. they look like they are on the same level as samick...depends if you like samick i suppose...

5. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    well what do you think???i really want a 5 string...and i was looking at a peavey millenium 5 and then i found this stellar on e-bay....so i was wondering what would be be the better buy...or what would you suggest for a beginners 5-string in the price range of 150-300$?

6. Well the Peaveys are very solid for the price, and I haven't seen a Stellar before. I'd say the Peavey would be the better choice simply because no one can vouch for the Stellar's quality. Of course, the best idea would be to try both and pick the one you prefer. They look like decent basses but appearance isn't everything and you'd be safer choosing something more known instead of risking your money.

7. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    well i live in North Dakota...and Steller is a company out of Florida... so i really cant try them....do you know of any other 5 string basses that are good and are under 300? peavey is my favorite type of guitar but i'm open to different brands

8. i would say go with the peavey, otherwise look at rondomusic.com

9. rdhbass

rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    Gosh dude, i've seen these on the "bay , Jeez.

10. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    ya i know...i found the stellar company on ebay....but i'm just gunna stick to the peavey!! i love them anyways

11. aj_mcgee

aj_mcgee

Oct 10, 2007
    I recently purchased and just today recieved my Stellar Neptune 001 5-string bass. Its my first bass so I obviously have limited knowledge with the subject. I have, though, seen reviews from other owners and they do have some good things to say about it. They seemed to enjoy it's sound and they said it played well. I would tell you myself but i dont have an amp yet. I will be sure update you when I learn more.

-AJ

12. Cyrus987987

Cyrus987987

Oct 13, 2008
    Chicago
    DO NOT BUY A STELLAR FOR THE BASS!!!! i bought one as my first bass i ever got, when i got it the wiring was shot and it wouldnt even put sound to the amp. they are very mediocre basses. when i contacted the company they would not reply to any of my messeges or calls. when i finally just sent it back they would only give a partial refund. i would stay away. HOWEVER mine did come with a very nice case, so if you can get the deal on the bass+hard case (i got it for 150) then its very worth it because the case alone is worth about 100 and i really wish i had kept it so i would have a case that fit my ibanez better than the standard case i bought which is obviously made to bit a jazz. so use caution.