Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ne one know stp's "plush" &can help w/ 2 notes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trist6075, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    hey I was wondering if anyone had a good ear and could help me on like these two beats of "plush" by stp. Its the part where scott is singing "where u gonna go for tomarrow" Its on the tab page its the part that starts on the 6th fret with two eight notes. I can't really figure the part out up to the two eighth notes with A and F notes. I can't tab it out on here cuz it gets scrambled sorry but if anyone could help me out then ur an awesome bass player IMHO. I've been trying it alot and its driving me crazy cuz the way i think its supposed to be played doesnt sound right. I think the timing is 1(e)+(a)(2e+)a3e(+)a4e+a then the A on the 7th fret D string. Doesnt sound right tho me timing wise. Its the 3 and 4 beats im trying to figure out if none of that makes sense lol. Thanks alot if anyone can help

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Can I sit in the front row for when this thread gets moved? :)

I have played this song for a long time in cover bands. I know the part you are talking about. I play it pretty much the way you have listed there. It may not be exact, but no one notices if it is off a wee bit.

-Mike

3. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    i got it now. It's 4__a.

4. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    sounded too rushed before guess my ear is improving a little lol :)