NE PA Gigspam 19-20 Dec...ZuluFunk back with Irma's Quest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Dec 11, 2003.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm going to jump on board with my old band, Irma's Quest for a couple of quick shows.

Fri- 19 Dec, 9pm, Pocono Brewing Co. rt 611 South, Swiftwater PA. 18370
    about 3 miles up from the outlets on I-80.

Sat- 20 Dec, Opening up for Bent Blue, 10pm, the Staircase, 755 S. Township Blvd. Pittston, PA 18640

Come on out and say hello.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Too far from me. Bring your other band to Mass!
  3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Head north, I'd go too!
  4. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Oh oh! That's so close to me! Wish I had a way there (and money). I'd definately go. The Staircase is a great place for live music.
  5. hey, my band opened up for bent blue on thanksgiving at the you know anyone in the band personaly?
  6. actually, we played with them at banana joe's, not the staircase. my drummer used to take lessons from their drummer NEPA represent! HAHA
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    What's your band's name?

I don't know the guys from bent blue. They asked Jason from IQ to open for them, but he couldn't get a commitment from his new bass guy. I had only heard of them because one of our interns was going out with one of them and was going on and on about how they won a chance to open for Matchbox-20.

Jay must have been pretty desperate to call me because when I split the band it was not a cool scene. It had nothing to do with Jay, Brandon, or Dan though. The guy I had problems with is out of the picture for the most part. In fact, Dan is also the drummer from Bodhisattva playing with me. I didn't think IQ existed other than Jay doing acoustic stuff around Stroudsburg.

I'm glad he had the balls to ask me though. I always got off on playing his music. It gave me stomach aches to think someone else was playing the lines I wrote up and played for a couple of years.

After they asked me, I jumped on the old CD and played along to freshen up. I've never played anything before or since that was more suited to my style of playing.

It's probably best called roots-soul-rock.
  8. I'm in a live hip hop group, Soulmatik , our 2 MC's used to be in the black lung brothers but they disbanded recently. I'm originaly from the poconos but all of the band except the MC's go to school in boston so right now we mostly play around twice a month on weekends.
    Bent Blue is pretty good, not my favorite style, but i can appreciate it. Their drummer is sick though. He also tours and records with Dave Leibman. His jazz chops are ridiculous.
  9. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    the case is 5 minutes from my house... i'm going to try my darndest to get out to see you guys but if i can't, break a leg any way!

oh and a word to the wise: be cautious of the soundguy. he tends to turn your direct sound into some subharmonic boomy mush... consider bringing a mic for your cabs. that's what marc (of bent blue fame) does... tell him joe coleman said hey! ;)