Neal Morse - Testimony

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    This is such an incredible album. I just received it in the mail on Friday and can't stop listening to it. I really like the new release from Spock's Beard, but with that being said, I find myself listening to this quite a bit more.

I know that religon in music can scare some people, but please do not let this deter anyone from getting this record.

This easily could have been the next SB album.
  2. Do you have a Favorite Trackfrom this CD?

:confused: Treena
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    IMO there isn't a weak track on the entire album.

That being said, If I had to pick I would say... California Nights off of disc 1, and In The Middle off of disc 2 are the two that stand out for me.

I really can't say enough good this about this recording.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just got it - all I can say is:

<font size=7>ALBUM OF THE YEAR</font size>
  5. I know this thread is kinda old (and has been dead for sometime), but I just heard this album (and orderd the 3 cd version) and I have to agree with JMX, definately album of the year!
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I'm interested in this record, but short on money... is the 3rd disc worthy of a price increase of >50%? What is on that disc, anyway?
  7. Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    I just picked this up within the last week and I have to agree with all the praise. It is a superb effort.

Here's my question:

I have always been a fan of prog rock. I have wanted to like Christian Rock, but haven't found much I really like (e.g., no hair metal).

Is there anything else out there like Testimony? Basically, something that crosses the best of the two genres.
  8. I've been meaning to buy this album, but I keep forgetting to do so. All I have heard from friends and obviously here is that the album is incredible.

Is it an overtly religious album? I am a Christian, but I am interested in seeing what you guys would say about it before I buy it.

9. Check out "Snow" by Spock's Beard. It's the recording Neal Morse did before "Testimony". It's not overtly Christian but has a lot of spiritual overtones that can be interpreted as such.

Also check out early King's X.

10. The recording is auto-biographical. It's about Neal Morse journey to Christianity. It's definitly religious but doesn't become preachy like other recordings from that genre can.
  11. Sounds like it is worth buying. Definitely preachy albums tend to not be as good, in my opinion.

Sounds like it is more of the style of religious message of the earlier U2 albums like War. Have to buy Testimony since I have Snow and loved it.