Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Near fretless effect?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jerome, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Jerome

Jerome

Aug 13, 2004
    Are there any pedals out there which can give a near fretless sound on the bass? If so, which is the best?

2. i see most of them on multiFX boxes, i've seen them on my old BFX-708, and my DOD Bass30, and on countless others.
    i hate to say it, but i don't think any of them are that good, but i the patch on my bfx-708 had an ok mwah sound.
    If thats all you are looking for, and only are going to play long, slow notes (otherwise most don't come out because of the volume swell).

EDIT: if you have a large budget, you might want to try the VBass, I hear that one may be a good fretless sound, but i have never heard it! maybe some VBass owner could send some samples to the pedal sample page!

Charlie

3. true, you can get a good cheap fretless p for $109 or a good fretless J for $139, and thats about the same as any MultiFX boxes (or less if you want a VBass!)

Its all about the essex!

Charlie

4. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Yeah, Pedals for Frettless sound = Crap, seriously

Whats a VBass?

EDIT: Found out its made by roland...so didnt even look for a price. But it looks like the Chrome Rims of effects.Anyone got one?

Ridin Spinners :bassist:

5. Actually the vbass fretless patch sounds pretty realistic if you like that shimmery type of Mwah (think super low action- modulus graphite neck type of mwah). If you have an el cheapo bass and want it to sound fretless its a pretty convincing model, if you already have a fretless and want it to sounds super shimmery, then add the vbass model.
    There is actually a fretless patch on the vbass which is a model of jaco's rear p'up fedner jazz fretless tone, its convincing-okay its makes your bass sounds like a fretless jazz bass. Close enuf
    frank