1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD near-MINT USA G&L LB-100 2014 Candy Apple Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ratbert, May 17, 2019.

1. Ratbert

Ratbert Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    Price:
    $800
    Strings:
    ***$50 SHIPPING TO CONT. USA (lower 48 states)***

Sorry, no trades unless you have TC electronic RS112 or 212 cab, plus some cash.

Includes all original documentation: certificate of authenticity, build sheet, and 10-year guarantee.

Also includes original white pickguard, original G&L Ultra-Lite tuning key (for the E string), original strap buttons, keys for the tolex case, and the serial number plate which was removed to install the Hipshot BT-1 Extender key.

Serial# CLF069315...I'm the original and only owner. I bought it new from B-Street Music in San Mateo, CA in Dec 2014. #12 gloss neck with gun-oil finish. Upgraded with Schaller strap lock buttons and a Hipshot BT-1 Extender drop-D tuning key on the E string. Includes the excellent condition deluxe tolex case it came in, which has spent most of it's life unused/in a closet.

It's about as close to "mint" as you can get, minus a micro-sized super-shallow surface blemish on the back of the neck (less than 3mm long or 1/3 the length of a grain of uncooked rice), that you can't feel when you play and you'd probably never even find unless I pointed it out...see attached photo below with added photoshop arrow pointing to the "micro-ding". You can barely see it because it's that insignificant. And there’s a scratch in the finish on the back of the headstock that's completely covered by the Hipshot tuning key. That’s it. Otherwise this bass is virtually flawless.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for "showroom perfect" this guy easily gets a 9.8%. It's a beautiful guitar that plays as nicely as it looks. You’ll be blown away at the build quality and condition of this glorious beast; guaranteed.

***Since people keep asking: I'm getting a little under 10 lbs when I weigh it on my old digital bathroom scale.***

IMG_0970. Photo Apr 23, 10 55 26 AM. IMG_0894. IMG_0893. Photo Apr 23, 11 11 48 AM. Photo Apr 23, 10 57 07 AM. Photo Apr 23, 10 56 22 AM. Photo Apr 23, 10 55 46 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 03 02 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 11 17 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 16 32 AM. Photo Apr 23, 10 57 30 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 08 59 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 07 17 AM. Photo Apr 23, 11 08 03 AM.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    R&B, filler83, woodyng2 and 6 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    :drool::drool::drool:

lowplaces and Ratbert like this.
  3. I really need to stay off Talkbass hahaha. I can't keep seeing beautiful basses like this. It's too much haha.

SirSparkz, MynameisMe and Ratbert like this.
  4. lowfreek

lowfreek Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Central New York
    Yeah, three gorgeous LB100's at or under a grand each on page one. You guys are killing me. :woot:

Stugilliam and Ratbert like this.
  5. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    Crazy nice bass...in amazing condition...at a great price...
    What are you guys waiting for? ;):woot::bassist:

R&B likes this.
  6. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    PRICE DROP!!! Yippeeee!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

7. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Fabulous bass,fantastic deal!
    I have one in spanish copper metallic, it’s the best P bass i’ve ever owned or played.

BassPilot and Ratbert like this.
  8. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    I know, right? I can't believe no one here (or on Reverb) has snatched this guy up already...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Stugilliam and woodyng2 like this.
  9. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Money is just really tight and well, as a bassist, we just don't get paid enough! But she is a beauty and priced right, if you have a good paying job 9 to 5!

Ratbert likes this.
  10. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    I totally get it. The only reason I'm (trying) to sell it is to convert that $$$ into some other gear. I don't have the money these days to buy gear outright...I have to sell, trade, etc.

Stugilliam likes this.
  11. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    I know exactly what you mean, there is some great gear, like your G+L, for great prices but you have to have the $$$$$$$$$$! If I had the cash I would love to have your bass but I just blew my wad on a Demeter 3x10, but boy was she worth it! Good Luck Ratbert!!

Ratbert likes this.
  12. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    Thanks bro! Cheers

13. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    I got a custom LB-100 last year and it is THE bass for me. If I didn’t already have one I’d be all over this. What makes this painful for me is that @Ratbert is 8 miles north of me.....dammit man.....don’t come any closer....please....no...no...no...:bag:

Ratbert likes this.
  14. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    I'm getting closer... you know you need another... didn't Mom (or Dad, more likely;)) say "always have a backup?"....:laugh:

Attached Files:

15. BassPilot

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    Well, they’ve been usurped by my wife... I need an entire company to get through that blockade...
    But dang, that is one beautiful bass!

Ratbert likes this.
  16. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    It's even prettier in person. We're in the same boat in terms of our "better halves", and the rules of negotiation. They just don't understand that a man needs many basses. We have to "have all the basses covered". It's in our nature...

BassPilot and Stugilliam like this.
  17. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    And remember, if we keep buying basses we will have no money for dating other women!!

Ratbert and BassPilot like this.
  18. BassPilot

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    A beatin' (verbal or otherwise) might ensue if I took that approach.
    Let me know how it works for you.....

Stugilliam likes this.
  19. Ratbert

Jul 2, 2011
    Petaluma, CA
    I ain't touchin' that comment with a 10 foot pole...

20. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    It works for me, in fact my wife has bought me 3 basses, a Guild Starfire 'll, a nice Hofner gold top Beatle bass and a 2000 Fender USA hot rod, in mint shape with case for, this is real, $129.95 at Salvation army. So, yeah it works for me!
    Oh, I married her in 1972, the same year that I bought my Rick 4001 brand new, and still have both the Ric and the wife!

Ratbert likes this.