Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Near Mint Yamaha BB-N5A 5 String...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bass Kahuna, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Hi all,

I'm selling a used Yamaha BB-N5A, Near Mint Condition!
    I took this bass in on partial trade from Sean for the buckeye burl top SC-1 he purchased from me, so I am therefore selling it. It is in mint condition with the exception of a very small chip in the finish on the rear of the bass right near the output jack. I did a setup on it for Sean about 8 months ago, and therefore I'm familiar with the bass and as such was willing to take it in on partial trade for one of my customs.

It has a 3 piece maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with block inlays, an alder body with a carved maple top, active electronics and gold hardware.

I'm asking $500 for it, which includes shipping and insurance, and a very nice Fender gig bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (those aren't chips on the edges, they're reflections from the light...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,

:^)~

-Grandon-

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
  3. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    You looking at any trades on this?

4. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Hey SnoBassMan, reply PM sent back...

JuggHaid, not sure. I took this bass in on partial trade for one of my custom single cuts, but anything is possible I guess. Whatcha got?

5. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Ya know, I've got a whole bunch of PA and recording equipment, and would MORE than willing to throw some of that in along with this bass for a Rick 4001 or 4003, especially a burgundy glow, autumn glow, or maybe even a blue one. I had a Ricky years ago that was stolen and I've always wanted another one. And actually, if I could find one that is not in such great shape (scrapes, scratches, bare wood, modifications to electronics or hardware are all fine...) that would be even better! I prefer `em to show wear from being gigged vs. being in pristine shape...

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
  7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Tons of stuff

MIJ Fender Fotoflame '60s RI Jazz
    MIJ Fender '62 RI Jazz with matching headstock and stack knobs (Burgundy Mist)
    Steinberger XM2
    Ken Smith Burner
    77 Ibanez Jazz (2 of them)
    Ibanez Roadster
    Ibanez RB760
    Ibanez RB850
    Ibanez Bean Bass Musician (MC999)
    Eden 210XLT
    Eden 115T
    2 Aguilar GS112's
    Ibanez Axstar
    EB Stringray
    Sadowsky Metro RV4

The list goes on and on. :)

Willing to do +/- cash on all of this stuff.

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    PM Back atcha Big Kahuna.

9. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Bump....

$500 total, shipping and insurance included, and I'll even throw in a new set of Ken Smith Stainless Steel Rockmasters, .045 - .130.

Last time before it goes to a local consignment shop.