1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neat extras from CarolKaye.com order

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jan 27, 2012.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

So I recently acquired some old bass playing books, one of which was Carol Kaye's How to play the electric bass, from the 60s. Old enough that it refers to the bass as a Fender bass in points, and the back page is that classic "You'll get there faster on a Fender" P-bass/motorbike ad. I am not the best at reading rhythmic notation so I went online to find the accompanying disc, I guessed the LP of it was long out of print.

Found it on Carol's site, so I ordered that and a couple other books/cd combos and I got a bunch of really cool paperwork scans shipped with my order.

There are pics with notation/comments on them by Carol, lots of newspaper and magazine clip out, pay stub scans from session dates and royalties from movies like Top Gun (She was on the righteous brothers Lovin' Feelin') and a scan of her log book with dates and sessions with the studio they were done at.

Obviously they are all scans and the notation wasn't on mine personally, but I still thought it was a pretty neat little batch of papers. My friends don't care but if your reading this still, you too are a music geek.

I apologize I don't have a scanner to share these with you, but if your hardcore about Carol Kaye you might be interested.

2. Yeah, she is really cool about including extra stuff

I think that it is ok you don't scan this stuff even though I would love to see it - she has lost a big chunk of her income because of people posting her stuff online without permission