1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neatest thing I saw at NAMM today...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Mono cases are releasing pedal board bags in the size of the standard Pedaltrain stuff. Needless to say I want one. More padding and more durable than the standard PT bag. I love my Mono gig bag so I'll definitely pick one up for my PT Jr when its available.

I'm really shocked nobody else came up with this idea sooner.

Unforunately they won't be available until June. :crying:

2. Smallequestrian

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The flyer said only three sizes (JR, 2 and Pro), but they also had one for the Nano that I saw. Don't know about the Mini though.

47f10a1b.
    dfa3f759.

3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Really smart product!

4. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Thanks for the heads up--I'll be interested in seeing the Nano bag.

5. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I guess it was a really disappointing year for effects if the coolest thing at NAMM was a pedal bag.

No cool synth bass midi controller?

6. Smallequestrian

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Okay...maybe coolest thing wasn't the best choice of words. Maybe its the smartest thing though.

7. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Please post more NAMM photos!!!!

8. I find it amusing that they use the phrase "the war on tone", because I didn't think I was waging war against tone..

9. Smallequestrian

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I've been working/having meetings. The little time I've had to explore on my own has been at the cost of taking photos. I'm sure somebody will fill the void though.

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I'm surprised no one has posted any good photos over at the EB forum. I'm sure they will start popping up soon.

11. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    If this has the right size for the storage compartment, this would be perfect for me.

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    So let me get this straight, they only sell bags to complement the Pedaltrain series?

13. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I really like the Mono M80 gig bag with the exception of that it doesn't have a front face loop in the neck area. It just makes it so much easier to move around in a standing up position and to load in and out of the car.

14. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    When I think pedal boards, the Pedaltrains are the only widely available ones that come to mind.

15. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    If that's the neatest thing you've seen at NAMM, then you really need to go home. Now! Get outta there! You're not worthy!

16. Smallequestrian

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I'm confused by your confusion. Are you confused because they only do it for PT boards and not other companies...or are you thinking that these pedalboard bags are all they do?

Because:
    1. The PT boards make the most sense as they are the most popular, espescially amongst the higher end pedal freaks...how many other sizes would make sense to make?
    2. They have a huge line of other projects including my favorite gig bag.

I'm working man, it takes a bit of the fun out of it when you spend 85% of your time there at meetings.

Truthfully there is a lot of cool stuff, though not a whole lot that I absolutely need. These bags where the first thing that I saw that I immediately thought to myself, "not only could I use that, but I would buy it now if I could."

17. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Sweet! My PT Jr bag is almost destroyed and I was just about to start looking at replacement options.

Any idea on prices yet?

18. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    They all suck and want shiny stuff.
    I also think think these bags are great and will be picking one up when they are available.

19. A bag for my pedalboard...who buys this stuff:confused:

20. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    My buddies bag on his PT pro kind of disintegrated. When I contacted them about getting a replacement they just shipped a brand new one out to me no questions asked.