1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck Adjustment on Squier Precision ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gus Borden, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hey folks.

I have a question for those in the know regarding setting up a bass. I have a Squier Vintage Modified P Bass (4-string), over all, the action is solid. But there is an issue - on the D and G strings from around the 7th fret up to the 21st - I get a bit of unwanted tension, not full out buzz, but that unpleasant twang.

I know my way around a truss rod and a bridge a little. Enough that if somebody with more experience recommended the proper adjustments, I could perform them.

Can anyone provide me with a bit of direction?

Thanks! Gus

2. Nobody? :meh:

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I'm not understanding your problem exactly, are you saying you're getting fret buzz on those two strings?

4. Not buzz, more of a twang, I have limited experience/knowledge with adjusting a truss rod, but I just got a bit more under the belt I suppose. I worked it out though. Added a bit of tension, let it sit over night and settle, it's almost perfect. I might need to add a tiny bit more, but really it's right there. Thanks for popping in here though.
    Cheers, Gus

5. For me that reads as you uptuned, which seems unlikely. My guess is you loosened the truss rod a bit?

6. That was the first route. I was mistaken.