1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck Bow

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Oct 11, 2010.

1. When should I start worrying about my neck bow and get the truss rod moved or w.e

its slight, but i have never had to deal with it.

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Best bet is to take it for a set up/ tune up so it doesn't become a problem, then have it checked yearly

3. SnakeKappele

SnakeKappele

Sep 20, 2010
    Depress the first and last frets with the E string (or B) and look at the space between the 8th fret and the string. The gap should be around .015" or the thickness of a business card. If the gap is too big, tighten the truss rod (clockwise); if the gap is too small or the string touches, loosen the truss rod (counter clockwise).

Make small adjustments like 1/8 or 1/4 turn. A little goes a long way.

4. thanks man thats a really helpful tip, looks fine to me

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    TY Snake. I will add that it is normal to need to do a small truss rod adjustment tweak a couple times a yr. Near winter or mid Fall and near summer or mid spring.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021