1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck Date (Fender Precision)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Groover, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Hello, I hope some here can help me verify what year this P neck is. It's supposed to be a 77 Fretless Maple neck. According to the S/N on the headstock it's a 77-78, and not sure if there is a way to narrow it down further by looking at the heel stamp.

Also... what is that white plastic ball-looking thing in the truss rod nut? :confused:

I'm not sure I can read the number properly, but it looks like 322305 maybe?

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I have a 1962 jazz with the neck marked 10/61. Since the neck was finished in 1961 and put in a rack and then later mated to a 1962 body with the new 3 control electronic package intro'd in 62, you can see that it's nearly impossible to date a Fender. I guess the neck is the best way because, IMO, that's what really counts. Any body will work but the neck has to be good.

3. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Agreed :bassist:

4. 32XX30 B